Pinched Nerve-What about a Chiropractor?

WKYfootballguy

I pinched my sciatic nerve for the 2nd time in 3 years...went to ER last Sunday...got a shot, lortab, muscle relaxer, and keeping constant heat on it!

Felt better for a few days, but today the pain is back and going down my leg...I noticed when I got in the shower yesterday my alignment is messed up looking.

Question..do I go back to my doctor, massage it, or go see a Chiropractor...never seen one before...any thoughts or experience with this pinched nerve thing?

:eyeonyou:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had constant neck pain for about five years or so and recently I started going to the chiropractor and my neck is feeling much better. I love getting adjusted and also am a big fan of the ultrasound and stim treatment I've received.

You'll want to make sure it's "only" a pinched nerve and not a bulged or herniated disk. I have been struggling with a herniated lumbar disk for months now and can't take it any more, so I'm going to Mayfield Clinic (orthopaedic doctor) this week. The numbness/pain shooting down my leg and even into my ankle, not to mention the pain in my lower back, has become unbearable. Anyways, enough of my issue. My point is that I would make certain you see a chiro or othro and make sure you get an MRI to ensure there's not something more serious going on.

You'll want to make sure it's "only" a pinched nerve and not a bulged or herniated disk. I have been struggling with a herniated lumbar disk for months now and can't take it any more, so I'm going to Mayfield Clinic (orthopaedic doctor) this week. The numbness/pain shooting down my leg and even into my ankle, not to mention the pain in my lower back, has become unbearable. Anyways, enough of my issue. My point is that I would make certain you see a chiro or othro and make sure you get an MRI to ensure there's not something more serious going on.

Good advice.

Chronic back pain is a terrible thing to endure. The Mayfield clinic is the best in this area. Good luck!

Your last statement is key. Don't let any chiro touch you unless they do an MRI. I have had spine surgery. The first thing the surgen asked is if I had ever seen a chiropractor. I answered no and he said "good thing". I'm sure they can be helpful but just make sure it is a good one and they know what they are pushing around on.