Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Questioning the AP

Featured Replies

Didn't want to spoil the celebration of the young men who were named AP All-State and honorable mention so I thought I would start a thread on the kids left out. I'm a Bellevue fan so I will start with Ricky Buckler. The following stats are after 13 games mainly because thats where the KHSAA stats seem to stop.

 

1. Led the entire state in rushing after regular season.

2. Led the entire state in rushing TD's after regular season.

3. Led the entire state in carries, showing his team ask him to do more than

any other team in the state ask of a single player.

4. Out of 16 kids on the list for Running Backs here is how he compares after

13 games. (3 of the players weren't even listed on the top 15 for their

class)

 

Total yards # 1 - 2,851

Rushing TD's #1 - 42

# of car # 1 - 387

Average Yards per game #1 -219

Average Yards per carry # 11 - 7.4

 

 

 

In addition to this years stats Ricky set school records in:

 

1. Single Season Scoring - 252

2. Career Scoring - 496

3. Single Season Rushing - 2851 yards

4. Career Rushing - 5263 yards

5. Single game Rushing - 362 yards

 

In addition to his school records Ricky Buckler will appear on the list of 10 different state records.

 

How was this kid over looked?:confused:

  • Replies 115
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want to spoil the celebration of the young men who were named AP All-State and honorable mention so I thought I would start a thread on the kids left out. I'm a Bellevue fan so I will start with Ricky Buckler. The following stats are after 13 games mainly because thats where the KHSAA stats seem to stop.

 

1. Led the entire state in rushing after regular season.

2. Led the entire state in rushing TD's after regular season.

3. Led the entire state in carries, showing his team ask him to do more than

any other team in the state ask of a single player.

4. Out of 16 kids on the list for Running Backs here is how he compares after

13 games. (3 of the players weren't even listed on the top 15 for their

class)

 

Total yards # 1 - 2,851

Rushing TD's #1 - 42

# of car # 1 - 387

Average Yards per game #1 -219

Average Yards per carry # 11 - 7.4

 

 

 

In addition to this years stats Ricky set school records in:

 

1. Single Season Scoring - 252

2. Career Scoring - 496

3. Single Season Rushing - 2851 yards

4. Career Rushing - 5263 yards

5. Single game Rushing - 362 yards

 

In addition to his school records Ricky Buckler will appear on the list of 10 different state records.

 

How was this kid over looked?:confused:

Looks like great stats, what grade is he in?

I agree it is a joke. I didnt go through it with a fine tooth comb, but looks like the majority of the 1st and 2nd teamers are from teams that played in the state title game or state semis. Looks like that the AP voters only saw and knew about those kids. I think Buckler deserves to be there.

Who else was included in the "Joke"? Or was Buckler the only one?

There will NEVER be an All State team that makes everyone happy. Some have more valid arguments than others, but no list will not have quality kids left off. I hate it, but as long as there are All State teams, this will happen.

 

With that being said, congrats to all those kids that were named to this team. What an honor!!

There will NEVER be an All State team that makes everyone happy. Some have more valid arguments than others, but no list will not have quality kids left off. I hate it, but as long as there are All State teams, this will happen.

 

With that being said, congrats to all those kids that were named to this team. What an honor!!

 

:thumb:

I find it hard to complain about the AP running backs when the first team guys are Myles Simpson and Dominique Hayden. The second team guys are Austin Collinsworth and Rees McShara. Everyone can't get a trophy.

  • Author
Who else was included in the "Joke"? Or was Buckler the only one?

 

I'm sure there are more. That was the purpose of the thread. I saw some on the AP thread and thought it more appropriate their was a thread of it's own.

I find it hard to complain about the AP running backs when the first team guys are Myles Simpson and Dominique Hayden. The second team guys are Austin Collinsworth and Rees McShara. Everyone can't get a trophy.

 

Good point. There were a lot of great RBs this year which no doubt made it tough for the voters. I mean when both of the second team RBs were in the running for Mr. Football you know the competition was tight. I do think he should have made honorable mention, but either way it doesn’t take away from the great season Ricky Buckler had or the records he set.

  • Author
I find it hard to complain about the AP running backs when the first team guys are Myles Simpson and Dominique Hayden. The second team guys are Austin Collinsworth and Rees McShara. Everyone can't get a trophy.

 

I didn't complain about the AP running backs. Look at the numbers and tell me they aren't at least honorable mention.

Congrats to all who made it. While I may not agree with some picks and my team not getting anyone on it, it is still a list of good players. Like it or not.

There are guys I couldnt believe who didnt make it too.

Some who I thought were good enought.

Pulaski WR # 24 adn RB # 11

Rockcastle should have had at least one.

  • Author
Looks like great stats, what grade is he in?

 

 

Senior. That's another thing I found odd. Several underclassmen with lesser numbers that made it. No second chance for Mr. Buckler

Senior. That's another thing I found odd. Several underclassmen with lesser numbers that made it. No second chance for Mr. Buckler

 

Certainly Buckler was a HUGE slight.

 

What about Sowder from Scott?

  • Author
Certainly Buckler was a HUGE slight.

 

What about Sowder from Scott?

 

I would agree he is another kid that was ask to do more for his team than most others. He had a great year.

The Courier Journal and BGP are much better IMO. I know from Lawrence Co OL Ben Preston is one of the better linemen in the state. He's a 365 bencher 500+ squater and had a huge year. Shane Pack has to be one of the best punters in the state and should have at least been honorable mention at RB. He's about 6'1 230 and had around 28 TD's. I think anybody that played him would give him props. Travis Mollette is the best lockdown corner I've been around behind Ben Revere and that is saying something! He is a very quit, humble kid that gets looked over a lot but anybody around here knows how good he was. That's a few I see left off that should be on. Obrian could be an argument as he led the team in tackles from the safety position. He will be back next year. Lawrence Co also finished #1 in 4,5 and 6A in pass defense yds per game. Mollette + O'Brain were the two biggest reasons why.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.