September 9, 200521 yr As far as Pendleton Country Club, I have had a member tell me that the CC has changed over the past few years. The majority of the members are from Campbell County and a good number of members' children attend Brossart. I know the Brossart boys team has used the PCC driving range for practice and I believe their coach is a member at PCC. I'm quite confident that the majority of PCC's member's kids attend Pendleton or Campbell County HS's. That said however, Brossart's Boy's Golf Coach does belong to PCC, as do 4 of the 7 team members. Not surprizing, considering kids interested and accomplished enough in the sport to be playing varisty high school golf, would belong to the area's most affordable golf club option!! No knock on PCC, but I'd venture a guess more good high school golfers have come out of A.J. Jolly, Kenton County, Boone County GC's than Pendleton. I don't think it's fair to try and imply that Pendleton or Eagle Creek CC's (all the Grant County team belongs there) kids are some kind of "privledged, silver-spooned rich kids"; and compare them to kids from some of the area or state's more prominent country clubs.
September 9, 200521 yr I love it.....KICK US OUT....seriously it will only make the gap wider, and the KHSAA weaker
September 9, 200521 yr As far as Pendleton Country Club, I have had a member tell me that the CC has changed over the past few years. The majority of the members are from Campbell County and a good number of members' children attend Brossart. I know the Brossart boys team has used the PCC driving range for practice and I believe their coach is a member at PCC. I'm quite confident that the majority of PCC's member's kids attend Pendleton or Campbell County HS's. That said however, Brossart's Boy's Golf Coach does belong to PCC, as do 4 of the 7 team members. Not surprizing, considering kids interested and accomplished enough in the sport to be playing varisty high school golf, would belong to the area's most affordable golf club option!! No knock on PCC, but I'd venture a guess more good high school golfers have come out of A.J. Jolly, Kenton County, Boone County GC's than Pendleton. I don't think it's fair to try and imply that Pendleton or Eagle Creek CC's (all the Grant County team belongs there) kids are some kind of "privledged, silver-spooned rich kids"; and compare them to kids from some of the area or state's more prominent country clubs.[/QUOTE] I would agree that it is definitely all relative. What would be classified as the "rich" in Pendleton County very well may not be classified that way in other parts of the state. And I agree that from what I am told that PCC is the most affordable. With that said, a good number of my players, including myself, cannot afford to be a member at PCC. The initial fee is out of our price range. AND that is with it being affordable.
September 9, 200521 yr It will be the dumbest thing in kentucky sports history. If they kick the private schools out think of all the money they will lose from title games. Anyway this won't happen, If it passes, the board of control still has to vote on it and the Dept. of Education has to vote on it. Then I am sure someone from St.X or Trinity will take it to the State Legislature and it won't get passed. :ylsuper:
September 9, 200521 yr First off in true teenager spirit, WHATEVER on the public school kids not working hard. You can work as hard as you want but sometimes it is not going to happen. The private schools do not have the market on the coaches and the kids working hard. The private schools do have an advantage with GOOD parent support, resources and usually within a reasonable distance to participate in offseason leagues. I agree with this. Everytime this issue comes up someone will say, "the publics need to stop complaining and work harder to catch up with the privates." Well, if your O-line averages 200 pounds and the other team's averages 275, how is "working harder" going to help the smaller team? Can Pee Wee Herman manhandle Hulk Hogan? Or if a basketball team has a front line that averages 6'7, how can "working harder" help a team who has a front line that averages 6'1? And, yes, schools that can draw players from surrounding counties will more than likely have several more 275 pound linemen and 6'7 front court players than schools that are locked into a one county district. That's a lame argument as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing wrong with "hard work", but it will only take you so far, then reality replaces it.
September 9, 200521 yr KHSAA expects 'split' proposal If a split happens, the LAST thing I want the private schools to do is play regular-season games against public schools. We're either in, or we're out, but you can't have your cake and eat it to! Compete throughout, or don't compete at all. :fight: :fight: I'm with ya! :thumb: Only exception I could see would be to play the public schools that voted against the split. There are already successful programs that will dominate the leftover league to the point where they will get gerrymandered out anyway :lol: Bring on the super league!
September 9, 200521 yr I agree with this. Everytime this issue comes up someone will say, "the publics need to stop complaining and work harder to catch up with the privates." Well, if your O-line averages 200 pounds and the other team's averages 275, how is "working harder" going to help the smaller team? Can Pee Wee Herman manhandle Hulk Hogan? Or if a basketball team has a front line that averages 6'7, how can "working harder" help a team who has a front line that averages 6'1? And, yes, schools that can draw players from surrounding counties will more than likely have several more 275 pound linemen and 6'7 front court players than schools that are locked into a one county district. That's a lame argument as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing wrong with "hard work", but it will only take you so far, then reality replaces it. Then model your football programs after those public schools that are successful. As was mentioned before how does Highlands end up in state title games most years after eliminating private Covington Catholic somewhere along the way? How does Beechwood end up in state title games after eliminating NCC somewhere along the way? How is Male able to compete in 4A? If the answer is that those public schools are independent school districts then work to make your school district independent if that is what you desire. If that is not your desire then compete as best you can and go on. I do find it somewhat curious that in the state of KY with no basketball classification (and no movement to go to classes) whereby most likely the majority of schools in the state have no chance of winning a championship .....no one complains.
September 9, 200521 yr Then model your football programs after those public schools that are successful. As was mentioned before how does Highlands end up in state title games most years after eliminating private Covington Catholic somewhere along the way? How does Beechwood end up in state title games after eliminating NCC somewhere along the way? How is Male able to compete in 4A? If the answer is that those public schools are independent school districts then work to make your school district independent if that is what you desire. If that is not your desire then compete as best you can and go on. I do find it somewhat curious that in the state of KY with no basketball classification (and no movement to go to classes) whereby most likely the majority of schools in the state have no chance of winning a championship .....no one complains. I think the first complaint ended up in the Class A tournament. They complain, just not on here, yet. And not as loud.
September 9, 200521 yr I'm with ya! :thumb: Only exception I could see would be to play the public schools that voted against the split. There are already successful programs that will dominate the leftover league to the point where they will get gerrymandered out anyway :lol: Bring on the super league! Thanks for noticing my post! :lol: I thought it had gotten lost somewhere between the 9th and 18th hole of the golf argument! :lol:
September 9, 200521 yr I agree with this. Everytime this issue comes up someone will say, "the publics need to stop complaining and work harder to catch up with the privates." Well, if your O-line averages 200 pounds and the other team's averages 275, how is "working harder" going to help the smaller team? Can Pee Wee Herman manhandle Hulk Hogan? Or if a basketball team has a front line that averages 6'7, how can "working harder" help a team who has a front line that averages 6'1? And, yes, schools that can draw players from surrounding counties will more than likely have several more 275 pound linemen and 6'7 front court players than schools that are locked into a one county district. That's a lame argument as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing wrong with "hard work", but it will only take you so far, then reality replaces it. Yeah thats it, admit defeat. All is lost. It will be interesting to see if the schools that vote for this actually ever won everything. In that case wouldn't we be rewarding the losers by allowing them to change the rules in their favor. Newsflash, the losers will continue to lose and the current winners will continue to win. I guess if there are no 275# linemen or 6'7" front court players in all counties, those types of players should outlawed as well. Or maybe the government would force them to be bussed evenly around the state.
September 9, 200521 yr I think the first complaint ended up in the Class A tournament. They complain, just not on here, yet. And not as loud. Yes and No. Since the All-A is not a KHSAA event it is not really an answer. It is a viable alternative for some schools, so............. Maybe public schools that do not think they can effectively compete with private and independent school districts should organize their own post season football tourney. Call it the All-Public School Championship.
September 9, 200521 yr Thanks for noticing my post! :lol: I thought it had gotten lost somewhere between the 9th and 18th hole of the golf argument! :lol: HEY! if I am on the course, I am in the woods hunting for my golf ball. :irked:
September 9, 200521 yr HEY! if I am on the course, I am in the woods hunting for my golf ball. :irked: Well, maybe my post was in the rough...or maybe a sandtrap.... :laugh:
September 9, 200521 yr Well, maybe my post was in the rough...or maybe a sandtrap.... :laugh: I was thinking a slice..............................to the left definitely.
September 9, 200521 yr I got the best idea. Why don't we make it like this. Let's have Div. 1 with all the teams that think they can compete with the St.X., Trinity, Male, Highlands. Div. 2 are all the whinners and teams that can't compete with these schools and then we can make it fair for everybody. It is like stages in a baby or a kid riding there bike for the first time. When they feel they can take off the diapers or the training wheels they can come up to Div.1. What a great idea. :dancingpa :thumb: :ylsuper: :banana: :banana:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.