Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another private school post season play vote?

Featured Replies

being someone who graduated from meade co. i'm kind of disgusted by the seperation of the private and public schools. If you ask any kid that goes to a public school you can bet that he will want to compete against teams such as trinity or st x in the state championship.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure where to post this so I choose this thread...I am reading the paper today (CJ) and a guy writes in that they should not change the format in basketball because they privates/catholic hardly ever win :lol: :lol: :lol: so it's ok that we get are butts kicked in this sport most times...you don't here us crying about it :p

I am not sure where to post this so I choose this thread...I am reading the paper today (CJ) and a guy writes in that they should not change the format in basketball because they privates/catholic hardly ever win :lol: :lol: :lol: so it's ok that we get are butts kicked in this sport most times...you don't here us crying about it :p

 

Another interesting obsevation by the CJ?? The reason the privates are complaining is that they are in the gym, trying to get better!!

Before you make that assumption you probably should ask one or two of those students. I know of several Private High School students who did NOT attend Private Elementary Schools. Most did it to save the money for the private High School in order to get their kids ready for college.

Using your example, if they did not to save money to be able to attend Private HS, than they did it for reasons other than faith reasons. That was my point. Thanks for helping me make it.

Actually, I believe you will find that a good many private school students are sent there by their parents or guardians to avoid the turmoil that naturally exists in most public schools. Discipline in private schools is not a problem. Disrespect of authority is not a problem in private schools. Both, of course, are major problems in public schools. That will never change.

I am aware of a number of individuals who send their children to private schools who have little or no interest in the "religious" aspects of the school. This is really not unusual. They like the traditionalism, atmosphere, lack of chaos, and safety. It is not by accident that a goodly number of public school teachers send their children to private schools.

Actually, I believe you will find that a good many private school students are sent there by their parents or guardians to avoid the turmoil that naturally exists in most public schools. Discipline in private schools is not a problem. Disrespect of authority is not a problem in private schools. Both, of course, are major problems in public schools. That will never change.

I am aware of a number of individuals who send their children to private schools who have little or no interest in the "religious" aspects of the school. This is really not unusual. They like the traditionalism, atmosphere, lack of chaos, and safety. It is not by accident that a goodly number of public school teachers send their children to private schools.

Very accurate and very well said. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.