Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another private school post season play vote?

Featured Replies

So it is the same financial aid no matter which Catholic School you would attend? For example, you enroll in St. X and in November you parents move to NKY and you attend St. Henry. Would the same financial aid move with you or do you repeat the process?

 

 

I think you would have to repeat the process. And, as well, you have to reapply each year, even if you stay at the same school.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My question was not on attendance on a daily basis but attending that school. The tuition is directly tied to attending a particular school, correct? Or would you receive the same financial aid no matter which of the Catholic schools in NKY you attended?

 

I believe it is directly tied to the school that the student would attend and the amount of money "in the pot" for that school.

 

So a student going to say Notre Dame might receive $2000 of the over $6000 tuition and a student going to Holy Cross might receive $1800 of the $4200 tutition. I assume that if the funds are running low that a student might get less in some years than others.

I think you would have to repeat the process. And, as well, you have to reapply each year, even if you stay at the same school.

Does the Catholic Church set the tuition or is that determined by the each, individual school? Tied to that I believe someone on here mentioned that each school has it's own funds for financial aid. Is that correct or does the Catholic CHurch setup the funds for financial aid?

I will let my friends and family know I do not support the catholic schools according to Rambo4343. It will help with savings on donations big time. Appreciate the insight!

 

You are welcome I am glad I influenced you. If you don't believe in the Catholic School System then why do you donate?

Does the Catholic Church set the tuition or is that determined by the each, individual school? Tied to that I believe someone on here mentioned that each school has it's own funds for financial aid. Is that correct or does the Catholic CHurch setup the funds for financial aid?

 

 

Each individual school sets their tuition, I believe. The schools have endowment funds that they disburse for financial aid. There may be some diocesean funds, but I'm not sure. If so, it's a relatively small amount, compared to the amount disbursed.

NOTE TO ALL: LET'S KEEP THIS DISCUSSION ON TOPIC. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, NO SNIPING. IT'S A GOOD, OPEN DISCUSSION, IMPORTANT TO IMPROVING THE UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE TWO ENTITIES. LET'S NOT HAVE TO END IT!

 

 

PS...I'm not shouting, just wanted to get your attention.:thumb:

Does the Catholic Church set the tuition or is that determined by the each, individual school? Tied to that I believe someone on here mentioned that each school has it's own funds for financial aid. Is that correct or does the Catholic CHurch setup the funds for financial aid?

 

 

I am not 100% sure of this but I believe that each school contributes to its own financial aid fund. That is not to say if school A only raises $5000 and school B raises $50,000, there could be some help from the Diocese dedicated to school A's fund. I don't know.

 

In NKY some Catholic high schools are directed by the Diocese to charge the lowest amount of tuition possible because of the geographical and economic areas in which they reside.

NOTE TO ALL: LET'S KEEP THIS DISCUSSION ON TOPIC. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, NO SNIPING. IT'S A GOOD, OPEN DISCUSSION, IMPORTANT TO IMPROVING THE UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE TWO ENTITIES. LET'S NOT HAVE TO END IT!

 

 

PS...I'm not shouting, just wanted to get your attention.:thumb:

I am glad you shouting. Couldn't hear you because of all this ear hair. :D

You are welcome I am glad I influenced you. If you don't believe in the Catholic School System then why do you donate?

 

Never said I do not believe in it. I believe that public education is much more and much better for our society than private education. I find it interesting those who wish for the demise of such (public education) has never or are able to provide a true alternative - as mandated by the Constitution - Kentucky - that is and as determined by legal precedent - federal, civil right. There are room for both and I defend both but not at the expense of each other.

I am not 100% sure of this but I believe that each school contributes to its own financial aid fund. That is not to say if school A only raises $5000 and school B raises $50,000, there could be some help from the Diocese dedicated to school A's fund. I don't know.

 

In NKY some Catholic high schools are directed by the Diocese to charge the lowest amount of tuition possible because of the geographical and economic areas in which they reside.

thanks for the information.

:rolleyes: With the arrogance coming from this post, you wonder why some people don't like private schools and the adults associated with them.

 

 

I have never wondered, nor cared...But I also didn't think his post was arrogant :confused:

I have never wondered, nor cared...But I also didn't think his post was arrogant :confused:

The tone that the poor public schools would fail miserably if it wasn't for the great private schools, was the arrogance that I was alluding.

Question for those of us "in the know" with the Jefferson County Private schools, specifically, Trinity and St. X.

 

Do these schools accept federal monies for reduced/free lunches?

 

I have been told NO for us...

The tone that the poor public schools would fail miserably if it wasn't for the great private schools, was the arrogance that I was alluding.

 

Immediately they would, they would then recover, but everyone's taxes would increase substantially. Those of us invloved with private schools, and tuition for said schools, help those who do not participate in tuition programs, a TON..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.