Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another private school post season play vote?

Featured Replies

LSUROCK-

 

They don't understand if we shut down the private schools and put them in the public schools what effect it will have on taxes. They don't understand you got to expand your school now, add more classrooms, hire more teachers, more food for the cafeteria, They do not think about these things because the state gives them what they want (NOT all the time, but sometimes).

 

They also do realize the sacrifices the catholic schools have done to keep taxes down. To me I would beg and plead the catholic schools to stay open. If you think you paycheck is low now, wait until the schools actually close(which will never happen) and see how much you have to pay for city/county taxes. So I guess you are right where do they report to school tomorrow. WOW what a chaotic day. I bet the counselors of these public schools beg for them to keep the private schools open. I wander if this is in their CRISIS INTERVENTION PLAN.

 

:rolleyes: With the arrogance coming from this post, you wonder why some people don't like private schools and the adults associated with them.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LSUROCK-

 

They don't understand if we shut down the private schools and put them in the public schools what effect it will have on taxes. They don't understand you got to expand your school now, add more classrooms, hire more teachers, more food for the cafeteria, They do not think about these things because the state gives them what they want (NOT all the time, but sometimes).

 

They also do realize the sacrifices the catholic schools have done to keep taxes down. To me I would beg and plead the catholic schools to stay open. If you think you paycheck is low now, wait until the schools actually close(which will never happen) and see how much you have to pay for city/county taxes. So I guess you are right where do they report to school tomorrow. WOW what a chaotic day. I bet the counselors of these public schools beg for them to keep the private schools open.

 

The impacted school districts would qualify for the "growth nickel", the schools would gain immediate ADA, the impacted schools would gain the additional allocations via positions and qualify for additional program offerings! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. As for the teachers, workers and other support staff. Leave private tomorrow and you will have an entire unemployed and qualified staff just waiting for the 25% pay raise! It is not the doomsday you think it is. School districts deal with growth all the time. Some even have several schools under construction at one time. That is not new.

 

And on a flip note, since public schools are no good in your opinion, why not just close them and have all the kids report to the private schools? Would ANY be turned away, or turned down - would capacity be used as an excuse to not admit?

 

Why do you have to assume a moral superiority over others to justify your point?

The impacted school districts would qualify for the "growth nickel", the schools would gain immediate ADA, the impacted schools would gain the additional allocations via positions and qualify for additional program offerings! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. As for the teachers, workers and other support staff. Leave private tomorrow and you will have an entire unemployed and qualified staff just waiting for the 25% pay raise! It is not the doomsday you think it is. School districts deal with growth all the time. Some even have several schools under construction at one time. That is not new.

 

And on a flip note, since public schools are no good in your opinion, why not just close them and have all the kids report to the private schools? Would ANY be turned away, or turned down - would capacity be used as an excuse to not admit?

 

Why do you have to assume a moral superiority over others to justify your point?

 

Where do you think "Growth Nickel" funds come from?

Der!!!

 

And the answer to your question. Come on in. Oh and I never said anything negative about public schools. Just stating facts as to why the KHSAA needs to leave the system as the way it is. Show me one time where I said I hate public schools. I may have said I hate public school administrators, but not the system as a whole.

Where do you think "Growth Nickel" funds come from?

Der!!!

 

 

It would be quite a bit cheaper than tuition! :thumb:

Where do you think "Growth Nickel" funds come from?

Der!!!

 

And the answer to your question. Come on in. Oh and I never said anything negative about public schools. Just stating facts as to why the KHSAA needs to leave the system as the way it is. Show me one time where I said I hate public schools. I may have said I hate public school administrators, but not the system as a whole.

 

At least now we are starting to see the bias. Thanks!

At least now we are starting to see the bias. Thanks!

 

Same here. I now see the bias in you. Your true colors are shinning through. :walk:

The impacted school districts would qualify for the "growth nickel", the schools would gain immediate ADA, the impacted schools would gain the additional allocations via positions and qualify for additional program offerings! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. As for the teachers, workers and other support staff. Leave private tomorrow and you will have an entire unemployed and qualified staff just waiting for the 25% pay raise! It is not the doomsday you think it is. School districts deal with growth all the time. Some even have several schools under construction at one time. That is not new.

Thanks, you've made my point again. You made these same claims last year as if the government has a machine just cranking out those "growth nickels". And what about the buildings? I guess there are just surplus school buildings to house all these newfound students? No, they would have to be built using tax dollars. The point is you probably are on the "raise taxes, its just a lack of funds" excuse side of the coin. As far as the teachers go, what makes you think that they are just dying to work in your system? They are qualified (some have worked there before) but they work for less in most cases. Wonder why? No, I don't think there would be the transition you project. I think the fact is that the public schools fail and that creates the need and desire for private schools. If my senario actually took place, it would create chaos.

 

Contrast that with financial aid that private schools receive and I assume that each private school makes the determination for themselves on who receives financial aid.

 

So the argument that free/reduced lunch is somehow equilivant does not hold water. The local school system is NOT directly involved with determining whom is going to receive this money and whom is not. Where in the private school, the private school is DIRECTLY determining who will receive the money and who will not.

 

You would be wrong in that assumption. At almost all Catholic schools financial aid is decided by a "clearinghouse" out of state where information is submitted. Information like family income and size of household and ages of children. No names are used, no activities noted. So basically a family is assigned a number and a formula is applied to their statistics by the agency. Most schools allow up to 50% of tuition cost in financial aid and the majority of cases do not receive 50%. So if tuition is $6000 then a student could receive up to $3000 or less if they qualify.

Same here. I now see the bias in you. Your true colors are shinning through. :walk:

 

What colors are that? I will make a point to ask the private school administrators I work with if they are hated. I will also make a point to ask other public school administrators if they feel hated by private school parents/supporters. Interesting.

What colors are that? I will make a point to ask the private school administrators I work with if they are hated. I will also make a point to ask other public school administrators if they feel hated by private school parents/supporters. Interesting.

 

You are right we should all hold hands and sing Amazing Grace. Ooops can't sing and Catholic/Christian songs at a public school. Might hurt some buddist kids feelings. That is one good thing about the Catholic schools we can PRAY.

Thanks, you've made my point again. You made these same claims last year as if the government has a machine just cranking out those "growth nickels". And what about the buildings? I guess there are just surplus school buildings to house all these newfound students? No, they would have to be built using tax dollars. The point is you probably are on the "raise taxes, its just a lack of funds" excuse side of the coin. As far as the teachers go, what makes you think that they are just dying to work in your system? They are qualified (some have worked there before) but they work for less in most cases. Wonder why? No, I don't think there would be the transition you project. I think the fact is that the public schools fail and that creates the need and desire for private schools. If my senario actually took place, it would create chaos.

 

 

No, your senario is simply a dream. "public schools fail..." Says all it needs to say. As for the growth nickel, it still is cheaper than tuition. Regardless, deal with facts vs. fiction. It would probably make your points better.

No, your senario is simply a dream. "public schools fail..." Says all it needs to say. As for the growth nickel, it still is cheaper than tuition. Regardless, deal with facts vs. fiction. It would probably make your points better.

 

I think you want the catholic schools to fail. It is not Catholic Church has been here for 2000 years. Good Luck!!

You would be wrong in that assumption. At almost all Catholic schools financial aid is decided by a "clearinghouse" out of state where information is submitted. Information like family income and size of household and ages of children. No names are used, no activities noted. So basically a family is assigned a number and a formula is applied to their statistics by the agency. Most schools allow up to 50% of tuition cost in financial aid and the majority of cases do not receive 50%. So if tuition is $6000 then a student could receive up to $3000 or less if they qualify.

Thank you for corrected me and educating me. I did not know how that worked.

 

So does the funds come from that school or a representative directly tied with that school? The money through reduced and free lunch does not come from the local district and is not tied to whether the student can attend the public school or not. Are the financial aid funds for Catholic schools tied to their attendance in a Catholic school?

 

Is this the same procedure for private schools that are not Catholic?

 

 

One side note question not directed to All Play No Work but can a private school accept free and reduced lunch/breakfast reimbursement funds? If so, is there a tie in to accepting state funds that the school now falls under the state guidelines for testing, etc of schools?

You are right we should all hold hands and sing Amazing Grace. Ooops can't sing and Catholic/Christian songs at a public school. Might hurt some buddist kids feelings. That is one good thing about the Catholic schools we can PRAY.

 

Well, if it hurts a buddist kids feelings, I sure hope you do not take any satisfaction in that.

 

By the way, public school kids pray all the time AND teachers join them on more than an occassion or two. Also, I know of a couple of cases where the students pray to Mecca and feel honored to learn about their practice and faith.

You are right we should all hold hands and sing Amazing Grace. Ooops can't sing and Catholic/Christian songs at a public school. Might hurt some buddist kids feelings. That is one good thing about the Catholic schools we can PRAY.

 

You would be wrong with this misconception. Kids in public schools can pray. Simply it cannot be lead by the teachers or a representative of the schools. There are Bible studies, WWJD clubs, See you at the Pole events that are Christian based in public schools. And as the old saying goes, "As long as there are tests in public schools, there will be prayers."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.