September 10, 200521 yr More accurate than any of you like to admit and the comedy is in the fact that you you don't realize just how close this thing is to passing. It would be unfortunate but until some things change I believe its become necessary. It has become necessary to let the Privates recruit at will? That should show us a lot...
September 10, 200521 yr ^ it would be disgusting....SCHOLARSHIPS, money everywere...whoa baby....kick us out.
September 10, 200521 yr ^ it would be disgusting....SCHOLARSHIPS, money everywere...whoa baby....kick us out. There are 2 or 3 programs in KY that would become National programs. They would recruit all the best players in their areas, play big teams from everywhere, and create powerhouses. Hopefully someone with a vote sees the problems on the horizon if this passed.
September 10, 200521 yr ^ I tell you what, kick us out and X out, and you will see us thrive like never before, playing a regional schedule and such..... KICK US OUT, KICK US OUT, KICK US OUT I'm completely against the notion of seperating public and private schools but if Trinity and X would thrive like never before what's holding them back now? Get out of the KHSAA and go play this regional schedule and travel around the country playing these different schools. If it's going to improve the schools why not do it now?
September 10, 200521 yr There are 2 or 3 programs in KY that would become National programs. They would recruit all the best players in their areas, play big teams from everywhere, and create powerhouses. Hopefully someone with a vote sees the problems on the horizon if this passed. At this point, I say kick em out. I want to see what return they get on what they ask for...
September 10, 200521 yr I'm completely against the notion of seperating public and private schools but if Trinity and X would thrive like never before what's holding them back now? Get out of the KHSAA and go play this regional schedule and travel around the country playing these different schools. If it's going to improve the schools why not do it now? Seems they WANT to be a part of the KHSAA. Shame on them...
September 10, 200521 yr I'm completely against the notion of seperating public and private schools but if Trinity and X would thrive like never before what's holding them back now? Get out of the KHSAA and go play this regional schedule and travel around the country playing these different schools. If it's going to improve the schools why not do it now? I am not speaking for RP, but I think Trinity would rather have a shot at winning State titles, but if that is unfairly jerked away, then that alternative would be the next best option.
September 10, 200521 yr There are 2 or 3 programs in KY that would become National programs. They would recruit all the best players in their areas, play big teams from everywhere, and create powerhouses. Hopefully someone with a vote sees the problems on the horizon if this passed. Do you really think that they would go out and recruit the best players and ruin HS football in the area. This isn't basketball where you need only 5 players to make a great team and where travel is relatively cheap compared to football. The travel budget alone for a high school football team would be outrageous. You wouldn't be able to take everyone, maybe the top 40 players and the rest stay home and dress for home games. What happens to those JV and freshman players. Who are they going to play if they don't play schools from the area and if the varsity teams aren't playing the local teams I'm sure the public schools wouldn't play the JV and frosh teams either. Trinity and X would still be great teams but IMO they wouldn't draw that many more kids. Hopefully this is all just great message board material and it will never come to this.
September 10, 200521 yr Do you really think that they would go out and recruit the best players and ruin HS football in the area. This isn't basketball where you need only 5 players to make a great team and where travel is relatively cheap compared to football. The travel budget alone for a high school football team would be outrageous. You wouldn't be able to take everyone, maybe the top 40 players and the rest stay home and dress for home games. What happens to those JV and freshman players. Who are they going to play if they don't play schools from the area and if the varsity teams aren't playing the local teams I'm sure the public schools wouldn't play the JV and frosh teams either. Trinity and X would still be great teams but IMO they wouldn't draw that many more kids. Hopefully this is all just great message board material and it will never come to this. They would play who they play NOW on the JV and Frosh level. AND, there are more than enough Regional Powers in a 150 mile radius to support the Privates Travel expenses.....
September 10, 200521 yr Hopefully this is all just great message board material and it will never come to this. :thumb:
September 10, 200521 yr Seems they WANT to be a part of the KHSAA. Shame on them... And they should want to be in part of it. I just think that some people think that X and Trinity would become national powers on a year to year basis and I don't think that would happen.
September 10, 200521 yr And they should want to be in part of it. I just think that some people think that X and Trinity would become national powers on a year to year basis and I don't think that would happen. If they get das boot, what choice do they have? Do you really think the T, X and CCH Alumni couldn't fund athletic scholarships if given free reign to do so???
September 10, 200521 yr And they should want to be in part of it. I just think that some people think that X and Trinity would become national powers on a year to year basis and I don't think that would happen. With all due respect, it darn near happens now and they can't recruit and can't go out and get every kid they want. I think they would be frightening. Imagine this conversation in Northern KY: do you want to go to "X" and play for a State title that is watered down (at best), or come here, get prepped for College with lots of exposure, and get to go to Indy, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Nashville? Don't be so sure B.T.
September 10, 200521 yr They would play who they play NOW on the JV and Frosh level. AND, there are more than enough Regional Powers in a 150 mile radius to support the Privates Travel expenses..... Do they play public schools in Kentucky now? I don't think you would see the public schools playing them if the varsity teams are out playing the so called Regional powers. Gametime, could you give me a 10 game schedule for Trinity if they were out playing this regional schedule? Could Ohio schools play them and more importantly would the OHSAA allow this. I know some associations will not allow members to play nonsanctioned teams because of insurance reasons. .
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.