Somerset 28 Sheldon Clark 12

Rasputin

C'mon now. That wasn't really the question that was asked.

I'm sure he's proud of these boys and his assistant coaches. At this point it doesn't really matter, does it? This is about the Coaches and Players that are wearing Purple and Gold and going to the State Finals next week. The rest of the stuff has been over for some time and there's no reason to bring it back up now.

Congrats to the Briar Jumpers on another gutsy effort. Somerset has gotten the reputation the last several seasons as a offensive minded, finesse team. This version has been anything but that. This game was won where Somerset has been winning all year--up front. Sheldon Clark turned the ball over 6 times--many of those forced by hard hits or pressure on the quarterback, I would say that Sheldon Clark's quarterback will be having nightmares involving Somerset D-Lineman Trey Slaughter. On offense Erik Manning had a great game with 3 touchdowns 2 of them were just perfect throws, the 3rd came on a great catch and individual effort by Storm Wilson who took the ball all the way across the field on a short swing pass. Somerset also had 2 touchdowns called back both were good calls, we can't have those kind of mental errors next week. Way to go guys--one more to go! Finish what you've started.

To the Sheldon Clark team, fans, and coaches. You played a great game and have a very hard-nosed. well-coached team. You were first class all the way and brought a great crowd to the game. :thumb:

I'm sure he's proud of these boys and his assistant coaches. At this point it doesn't really matter, does it? This is about the Coaches and Players that are wearing Purple and Gold and going to the State Finals next week. The rest of the stuff has been over for some time and there's no reason to bring it back up now.

I know Jay Cobb and I'm also sure he's proud of them. But let's don't act like it's not a legitimate question -- and especially one that won't come up several times over the next week when the C-J and H-L come calling for info on feature stories previewing the finals, as well as after the game. Like it or not, this will be a big angle of the Somerset story whether or not Steve wants to address it.

Regardless, I think getting to the finals is fantastic for the Somerset folks who bothered to be friendly toward me during my time living there, and I'm thrilled for them! Good luck to the school with the most delightfully weird and unique mascot in the state, hands-down! :thumb:

I'm disgusted with Sheldon Clark's performance. Turnover's were the story of the game for the cards and without them they would have been in position to win. Congrats to Somerset, they have a very good team and I predict they win the title next week.

I'm disgusted with Sheldon Clark's performance. Turnover's were the story of the game for the cards and without them they would have been in position to win. Congrats to Somerset, they have a very good team and I predict they win the title next week.

Turnovers aside, I was very impressed with Sheldon Clark last night. They were very solid up front and had some nice skilled players. Sheldon Clark was very well coached. Somerset's offense was alittle off last night but I credit Sheldon. Somerset's defense stepped up and made some plays. On to Bowling Green! Congrats to Sheldon Clark on a fine season!