Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Larry Johnson is now a Cincinnati Bengal

Featured Replies

I wouldn't want that cancer on my team...

 

This has nothing to do with him being a Bengal. I said when he was cut and quoated that he always wanted to play in Pittsburgh, that I thought it would be a mistake.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I wouldn't want that cancer on my team...

 

This has nothing to do with him being a Bengal. I said when he was cut and quoated that he always wanted to play in Pittsburgh, that I thought it would be a mistake.

 

You're right, Johnson did say that he would like to be a Steeler.

 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/09/schefter-larry-johnson-wants-to-play-for-the-steelers/

I wouldn't want that cancer on my team...

 

Maybe winning could change that? Certainly, he realizes that they aren't signing him to be a starter.

Maybe winning could change that? Certainly, he realizes that they aren't signing him to be a starter.

 

Do people really think he's going to complain about touches. Do people really think Marvin didn't sit him down and say "Hey Larry, if we sign you, you're going to be a backup and not that many touches." Of course he did. It's already known pretty much zero teams wanted this guy and the Bengals are signing him while leading the division. He's going to be somewhat grateful. I don't expect to hear a peep from Johnson this year about touches.

Does Andre Smith play against the Raiders?

Does Andre Smith play against the Raiders?

 

I doubt it. I mean with how good the line has played so far, there is no reason to mess that chemistry up.

Maybe winning could change that? Certainly, he realizes that they aren't signing him to be a starter.

 

What if Benson gets hurt or better yet has a couple bad weeks. LJ could stir up the lockerroom. LJ is an Allen Iverson type of guy, and with how well Cincy is playing, I don't think this is a good choice.

What if Benson gets hurt or better yet has a couple bad weeks. LJ could stir up the lockerroom. LJ is an Allen Iverson type of guy, and with how well Cincy is playing, I don't think this is a good choice.

 

I'm sure most Bengal fans value your opinion on the matter. :notworthy:

I'm sure most Bengal fans value your opinion on the matter. :notworthy:

 

:lol:

What if Benson gets hurt or better yet has a couple bad weeks. LJ could stir up the lockerroom. LJ is an Allen Iverson type of guy, and with how well Cincy is playing, I don't think this is a good choice.

 

Again, how many malcontents are on winning teams?

 

If the Bengal's were 2-7 I'd agree with you.

What if Benson gets hurt or better yet has a couple bad weeks. LJ could stir up the lockerroom. LJ is an Allen Iverson type of guy, and with how well Cincy is playing, I don't think this is a good choice.

 

How do we know that? Many players on bad teams stir the pot. Moss in Oakland, Chad in Cincy before this year, Dillon when he was at Cincy as well. Winning can cure all, for most IMO.

Realistically, what do you expect the Bengals to get from LJ?

 

I'm not convinced that he's washed up, but I'm also not convinced that he isn't. It would surprise me to see him look really good, really bad or somewhere in between.

 

I think it was worth a shot though...at this point, it's not likely a guy is going to completely pick up the offense and be comfortable with it. However, that's not a problem with this addition. LJ has never been considered a well-rounded back who can catch and help in pass protection. But, he's big, so he can be used to pound the ball in short yardage and clock killing situations when everyone is expecting run, which will give Benson a break and save some wear and tear.

 

That's assuming LJ has something left. I believe he can at least bring that much to the table.

 

It's reminding me a little of a Stanley Wilson-type from the Bengals' last Super Bowl run. He was a power back who could take some of the load off of Ickey. I think LJ could do that for Benson.

 

Let's just hope any "off the field issues" that LJ may have, aren't as detrimental as Wilson's were!!

 

But, if his issues surround touches....you have to feel this was addressed up front. If he knows he's going to be a backup...then there should be no complaining.

If a team is losing and LJ is on the bench, I could see him complaining, saying he could do a better job. If LJ is on the bench and the team is winning, I don't see him complaining if he's getting 5 touches or so a game. No reason to. I really believe he knows this.

If a team is losing and LJ is on the bench, I could see him complaining, saying he could do a better job. If LJ is on the bench and the team is winning, I don't see him complaining if he's getting 5 touches or so a game. No reason to. I really believe he knows this.

 

Good luck w/ that. I think it's hilarious that everyone trusts Mike Brown to kick this guy off the team if he becomes a malcontent. Mike Brown's M.O. is to give guys like this a third and fourth chance as long as their contract bares it.

I doubt it. I mean with how good the line has played so far, there is no reason to mess that chemistry up.

 

I'd say it depends on how that first half goes. If the Bengals jump out to an early lead (as they should) then I think they get him some valuable playing time in the second half. If they keep it close I think he stays on the sideline.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.