November 18, 200916 yr Author Good luck w/ that. I think it's hilarious that everyone trusts Mike Brown to kick this guy off the team if he becomes a malcontent. Mike Brown's M.O. is to give guys like this a third and fourth chance as long as their contract bares it. That's the key right there. LJ is making the league minimum & only has a 1 year deal.
November 18, 200916 yr I'm sure most Bengal fans value your opinion on the matter. :notworthy: Well I hope it works out bad for you guys... :lol:
November 18, 200916 yr I picked him up on fantast just because of the potential he has. I don't really think he will but just in case i have him. Hope he does well.
November 18, 200916 yr That's the key right there. LJ is making the league minimum & only has a 1 year deal. Which would be a reason for Brown to hold onto him.
November 18, 200916 yr I'd say it depends on how that first half goes. If the Bengals jump out to an early lead (as they should) then I think they get him some valuable playing time in the second half. If they keep it close I think he stays on the sideline. I don't believe Andre Smith has been active though yet on game days has he? I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that they still have not dressed him on game days. So I don't see that changing anytime soon, unless someone gets hurt. Now if he does dress and the Bengals do have an early lead, then they should play him some so he can start getting some experience in a real game.
November 18, 200916 yr I don't believe Andre Smith has been active though yet on game days has he? I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that they still have not dressed him on game days. So I don't see that changing anytime soon, unless someone gets hurt. Now if he does dress and the Bengals do have an early lead, then they should play him some so he can start getting some experience in a real game. I'm not sure if he's been active yet or not. The O-Line has been playing so well that I wasn't even thinking about him to be honest.
November 18, 200916 yr I'm not sure if he's been active yet or not. The O-Line has been playing so well that I wasn't even thinking about him to be honest. Same here, the line has been a very pleasant surprise this year. Kind of makes you wonder if one of the main problems the last few years was Guichiac. I mean the line was good with Braham, then once he was hurt and Guichiac took over the line just went down hill and quickly. Now we have a center that his teammates say makes great calls and always has them in the right spots. So the center position could have been one of the biggest reasons for why the line had been so bad the last two years.
November 18, 200916 yr Author Same here, the line has been a very pleasant surprise this year. Kind of makes you wonder if one of the main problems the last few years was Guichiac. I mean the line was good with Braham, then once he was hurt and Guichiac took over the line just went down hill and quickly. Now we have a center that his teammates say makes great calls and always has them in the right spots. So the center position could have been one of the biggest reasons for why the line had been so bad the last two years. I was very impressed with the center, #64 Kyle Cook, last week...
November 18, 200916 yr I don't believe Andre Smith has been active though yet on game days has he? I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that they still have not dressed him on game days. So I don't see that changing anytime soon, unless someone gets hurt. Now if he does dress and the Bengals do have an early lead, then they should play him some so he can start getting some experience in a real game. He hasn't.
November 19, 200916 yr Author Herm Edwards, who coached LJ in Kansas City and now works for ESPN, said that he likes the move: "“He put himself in position and made some choice that he can’t make. He understands that he has to salvage his career. It’s a good situation for him. He’s not coming in as a star while in Kansas City he was the star. Cincinnati has a bunch of good playmakers and people in that locker room.” On the Bengals: “They’re in the driver’s seat in the AFC North. You look at the remainder of the schedule and they should win it. The biggest difference to me has the been the mindset of Carson Palmer. When he speaks it really looks like he has embraced and accepted the leading role on this team. It’s also a team that has matured and there are not a lot of distractions. Everyone likes each other. This was a move you can make when you’re winning because there aren’t distractions.” http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/
November 19, 200916 yr FWIW, Dungy and Cowher have also endorsed the move. Yea they're decent coaches I guess I respect their opinion.
November 20, 200916 yr FWIW, Dungy and Cowher have also endorsed the move. I can't think of a time that either one of these guys signed a bad apple like LJ to one of their teams...
November 20, 200916 yr I can't think of a time that either one of these guys signed a bad apple like LJ to one of their teams... Both of them have said this was a good move, so how is that relevant?
November 20, 200916 yr Both of them have said this was a good move, so how is that relevant? It is easy to say that from a studio, but when you're a coach and have to live with the decision it is much different. Just saying, that I can't remember either guy signing a guy like LJ...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.