October 29, 200916 yr 2 reasons. 1. New emphasis on calling a block instead of a charge this season near the basket. They really ought to just put in the semi circle in college as they do the NBA. It would be much easier for the officials and more consistent. 2. It was a scrimmage. How dumb is it that they are supposed to call that but not have the floor painted?
October 29, 200916 yr How dumb is it that they are supposed to call that but not have the floor painted? I agree 100%. If they want it to be consistent, then mark it off.
October 29, 200916 yr I agree 100%. If they want it to be consistent, then mark it off. It should be marked off in high school as well!
October 29, 200916 yr From NKY, but go to school down here at UK. I admit though he didn't play good in the first half. However as I said it hard to play good when your basically the only offensive threat on that team like he was in the first half. He had to force a lot of shots, while going against guys like Miller, Wall, Bledsoe, Patterson, Dodson, and Cousins. I mean not to many guys would look that good going against those guys, when you have guys like Harrelson, Stevenson, Harris, and Krebs on your side. In the second half when they evened teams up more, he did look a lot better. Also are you sure that 3 from 12 is right? I remember seeing him make more than just 3 shots. Hood played for both teams. He was 3 for 12 with the White team and 3 for 9 with the Blue team. He hit 2 threes and had 14 points.
October 29, 200916 yr Hood played for both teams. He was 3 for 12 with the White team and 3 for 9 with the Blue team. He hit 2 threes and had 14 points. Hood was way off on his shot last night. It was nice to see that he has the ability to get shots off against top-level talent, however. I was impressed with his confidence to shoot, but he may have been trying to do a bit much in front of the big lights for the first time.
October 29, 200916 yr In my opinion, Hood is strong enough and really isn't ready to be a big contributor at Kentucky this season. I do think it's possible that he could play in some spurts and help the team. But Hood's best basketball is in front of him and he could really start to be a quality player next season.
October 29, 200916 yr The game was on Fox Sports South and I was very impressed with what I seen. Several good players and they just run run run. JD
October 29, 200916 yr Hood was way off on his shot last night. It was nice to see that he has the ability to get shots off against top-level talent, however. I was impressed with his confidence to shoot, but he may have been trying to do a bit much in front of the big lights for the first time. Where were you seated Wireman? I meant to look you up and forgot.
October 29, 200916 yr Where were you seated Wireman? I meant to look you up and forgot. At the media table:popcorn:
October 29, 200916 yr At the media table:popcorn: Were you able to obtain a press pass for the whole season just because of your blog?
October 29, 200916 yr Went to the game last night here are some notes that I saw: 1) Liggings is still out of control 2) I feel bad for Stevenson he is lost in the dribble drive and well have a hard time finding PT 3) I really think Coach Cal likes Josh H and he could see some time this year. 4) Miller needs to take the ball to the basket and not just stand on the 3 point line. 5) Wall is a leader on the team. He is a true PG and was showing and yelling and moving people around last night on the court. 6)Patterson 3 point jumper isn't that bad looking, I know he wouldn't be taking many 3's but he has a nice outside shot. 7) Hood could see some time this season if he knocks down some outside shots.
October 29, 200916 yr Were you able to obtain a press pass for the whole season just because of your blog? I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say about all of that, but I can say that I was at the game last night because of my blog. I am working on an article today about the experience. :thumb:
October 29, 200916 yr At floor level or 1st part of upper? I was in the second level during the game, but had access to court-level for pictures, press conference, interviews and media hospitality room.
October 29, 200916 yr I was in the second level during the game, but had access to court-level for pictures, press conference, interviews and media hospitality room. Dang, I was like 5 rows above you. BTW those upper level tics, they can have them. If I don't have lower level with a chairback seat I won't go. There is no room. It is time to build a new arena more fan friendly.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.