Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Potential Starting Five This Year for UK.

Featured Replies

Why does everyone seems to think Dodson will be a starter? I'm sure he will get PT and come into the game when a shooter is needed. But from all accounts Bledsoe can do everything better except for shoot. I think this offense is designed where the better ball player will thrive much better than just "the shooter".

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does everyone seems to think Dodson will be a starter? I'm sure he will get PT and come into the game when a shooter is needed. But from all accounts Bledsoe can do everything better except for shoot. I think this offense is designed where the better ball player will thrive much better than just "the shooter".

 

But without Dodson in who is going to do any shooting?

 

Wall is not a shooter and we saw Darius was shy to pull the trigger last year and he is still IMO not a major outside threat.

 

You can't dribble and drive if the defense just packs it in and lets you shoot and miss.

Why does everyone seems to think Dodson will be a starter? I'm sure he will get PT and come into the game when a shooter is needed. But from all accounts Bledsoe can do everything better except for shoot. I think this offense is designed where the better ball player will thrive much better than just "the shooter".

 

I agree with this statement! Bledsoe gets the nod over Dodson IMO with Miller at the 3 position.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Stevenson and Harris getting more PT early in the season than they do later on down the road. These 2 finally get to play positions they were meant to play all along, role players.

G Liggins

G Hood

F Krebs

F Stevenson

F Harrellson

:p:p

 

Hey, he said potential starting 5 :lol:

Wall

Bledsoe

Miller

Patterson

Cousins

  • Author

If we want shooters in there I would look for Hood to get some PT. Whoever is out there better be able to run, because this team will run it up and down the floor all day. Especially with Mr. Wall at PG.

Wall

Bledsoe/Liggins/Dodson (I think this will change per the situation; size vs speed vs shooting)

Miller

Patterson

Cousins

Wall

Bledsoe

Dodson

Cousins

Patterson

 

Calipari is recently on record for saying that Dodson is UKs best perimeter shooter and they need one in the DDMO. He said based off that you know that he is going to play. Based off that statement I'm almost a 100% sure that he starts.

 

:thumb: My prediction as well...

Wall

Bledsoe

Miller

Cousins

Patterson

 

I think Orton is first big off the bench and Dodson is first guard off the bench. Stevenson will play some for length and shot blocking ability. Harris will play for defense and toughness. Hood could see some time if someone starts playing zone. Liggins will get some clock and will play much better than last year, but I still think he will be up and down most of the year, but if he has developed a solid jumper it will be hard to keep him off the floor. Harrellson will struggle to see action I think.

1. Wall

2. Bledsoe

3. Miller

4. Cousins

5. Patterson

There are going to be so many different combinations out there playing this year its going to be crazy. But the first 5 to start vs. Campbellsville imo are Wall, Bledsoe, Miller, Patterson, and Cousins. The only one that may change imo is the SG spot. The others are basically locks to start. Either way we have 2 top 25 teams on this team! GO CATS!

:thumb: My prediction as well...

 

I'd be absolutely shocked if Miller didn't start. Just my opinion though. :idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.