Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Potential Starting Five This Year for UK.

Featured Replies

Wall

Bledsoe

Miller

Cousins

Patterson

 

I agree withyou and observer here.

 

You have to have Wall/Bledsoe on the court. Miller better step up and play like he can IMO. Nice options to have Orton/Harris/Stevenson coming off the bench.

 

My concern is a true 3 point shooter. I was not impressed by Dodsen, I thought he was a deer in headlights at Madness.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wall

Bledsoe

Miller

Cousins

Patterson

 

I think Orton is first big off the bench and Dodson is first guard off the bench. Stevenson will play some for length and shot blocking ability. Harris will play for defense and toughness. Hood could see some time if someone starts playing zone. Liggins will get some clock and will play much better than last year, but I still think he will be up and down most of the year, but if he has developed a solid jumper it will be hard to keep him off the floor. Harrellson will struggle to see action I think.[/QUOTE]

 

Dont count JORTZ out yet....my man was lighting it up from downtown during Madness. LOL

Wall

Bledsoe

Miller

Cousins

Patterson

 

I think Orton is first big off the bench and Dodson is first guard off the bench. Stevenson will play some for length and shot blocking ability. Harris will play for defense and toughness. Hood could see some time if someone starts playing zone. Liggins will get some clock and will play much better than last year, but I still think he will be up and down most of the year, but if he has developed a solid jumper it will be hard to keep him off the floor. Harrellson will struggle to see action I think.[/QUOTE]

 

Dont count JORTZ out yet....my man was lighting it up from downtown during Madness. LOL

 

Just giving my 2 cents. I think he will struggle and just because he was hot in what amounts to one practice don't start calling him a shooter or scorer. Unlike our previous coach (He who shall not be named) practices don't mean a whole lot to Cal. Results durring the games is what will win or lose playing time. I hope Harrellson can contribute, but I just don't see any reason to think he will, but that is just me.

Just giving my 2 cents. I think he will struggle and just because he was hot in what amounts to one practice don't start calling him a shooter or scorer.

 

Last year Josh shot a better three point % than Porter, Miller, Slone, Krebs, Harris, and Liggins.

Last year Josh shot a better three point % than Porter, Miller, Slone, Krebs, Harris, and Liggins.

 

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2008-2009/teamcume.html

 

5 of 15 is not exactley lighting it up. I don't know of a single player in history that is considered a shooter after only 15 shots. By your same logic AJ Stewart was the third best 3 point shooter on the team, and Mark Halsell was the best 3 point shooter in the country.

Last year Josh shot a better three point % than Porter, Miller, Slone, Krebs, Harris, and Liggins.

 

That's still not saying much.

  • Author

Miller was coming on as a shooter toward the end of the year, and I look for him to continiue that this season.

PG: Wall

SG: Farmer

SF: Miller

PF: Patterson

C: Cousins

 

:D

 

 

 

 

Liggins or Dodson at the 2

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2008-2009/teamcume.html

 

5 of 15 is not exactley lighting it up. I don't know of a single player in history that is considered a shooter after only 15 shots. By your same logic AJ Stewart was the third best 3 point shooter on the team, and Mark Halsell was the best 3 point shooter in the country.

 

But it shows that his shooting at BBM wasn't a fluke. The guy can shoot.

Channel 27 reporting that Coach Cal says he may start 3 Frosh.

But it shows that his shooting at BBM wasn't a fluke. The guy can shoot.

 

How in the world does 15 shots show a guy can shoot? I have seen Shaq hit more than 5 of 15 free throws. That does not make him a good free throw shooter.

 

I guess since Ramon Harris shot a higher FG% than Jodie Meeks last year he is a better shooter than Meeks. :rolleyes:

Definately:

 

Wall

Bledsoe

PPat

Cousins

 

These four spots to me are a given. If I want to go big , Orton or even a possible Harrellson. If I want to go smaller but still have size Miller or Dodson, and both threats. I think Dodson is more of a sleeper in that we don't know what he can do or when/how long he can do it for. Same as Liggins, which imo is even more of a wild card but will contribute in small portions. Hood, just don't know yet and don't want to judge.

 

If I was choosing who I think he will start, I'll add Miller to the equation.

How in the world does 15 shots show a guy can shoot? I have seen Shaq hit more than 5 of 15 free throws. That does not make him a good free throw shooter.

 

I guess since Ramon Harris shot a higher FG% than Jodie Meeks last year he is a better shooter than Meeks. :rolleyes:

 

So your argument is that Josh is a bad 3 point shooter?

So your argument is that Josh is a bad 3 point shooter?

 

Not at all. My argument is to not put to much into last years performance based only on 15 shot attempts or on BBM since it is similar to a practice. He may be able to shoot the lights out, but I want to see it on a more consitent basis. I think Josh will struggle to see the floor this year with the talent on this team, but I wish him nothing but the best.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.