Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rush's bid for Rams in trouble?

Featured Replies

What lyrics? What has Jay-Z said that has been so bad? I need examples of what he has said that has been so bad. PM me.

 

Jay-Z is far from the stereotypical "rapper" or "gangsta rapper" or whatever it is you may believe he says in his lyrics. Nor is he divisive in his lyrics. I think you may have Jay-Z confused with Snoop Dogg or something.

 

He uses racial slurs and his videos are degrading towards women..

Edited by bugatti

  • Replies 83
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He uses racial slurs and his videos are degrading towards women..

 

 

 

 

Out of the hundreds of songs and videos he's made, I can only think of 1 video and maybe 5 songs which can be called into question. Using racial slurs and degrading videos are not part of his M.O. since the "Big Pimpin' " song.

 

 

 

Nevermind, I must remember that all it takes is 1 video and a couple of songs out of hundreds for you guys to have made your point. You guys are right, Jay-Z has no business being an owner of a professional franchise any more than Rush Limbaugh. :ohbrother:

Edited by bugatti

What about that "bounce with me" video from the Rush Hour movie. Why so much love for Jay-Z? Are you his manager or something?

Edited by bugatti

What about that "bounce with me" video from the Rush Hour movie. Why so much love for Jay-Z? Are you his manager or something?[/QUOTE]

 

Yeah, that is the 1 video I was talking about.

 

The love for Jay-Z comes from being a life long Jay-Z fan since his first album release. I would think that my love for Jay-Z would be understandable since I have bought or downloaded all of his albums and would argue with any hip hop fan about him being the greatest rapper of all time. Did you think I was defending him for the sake of defending him or did it occur to you that I may actually like the guy just a little since we are similar in a lot of ways in how we think? You do know that Jay-Z has millions of fans and tons of respect from millions of people inside and outside of the hip hop community and I just happen to be 1 of them. You do know it's possible for Jay-Z to have fans that have computers, right?:eyeonyou:

PP92, you can essentially replace the name with Jay-Z with Rush Limbaugh in all of your posts and make the same exact arguments. Obviously Rush does not rap, but you know what I mean.

So, do you guys think the NFL would let Jay-Z be an owner?

Honestly, yes but more importantly there would be very few dissenters out.

 

That does not mean I am sympathetic towards Rush necessarily. For as popular as Jay-Z is in pop culture, Rush is more popular with a voice that everyday people listen to. The people who listen to Jay-Z like the guy because they are fans. You do not get a multitude of people listening to Jay Z lyrics that dislike his music. Rush gets just as many anti-listeners as positive listeners. Nature of his businesses and he is great at what he does. Lightening rod and "potentially" bad for the NFL bottom line. In my opinion you never would have heard a word from him and he would have been just another owner, but it does not look like we will ever know.

  • Author
So, do you guys think the NFL would let Jay-Z be an owner?

 

Doubt it.

Doubt it.

After the Rush episode you might be correct. Beforehand, I am not sure too many people would have said a thing. We all know no person in the Union or current players would have been as vocal as they were about Rush.

I feel so sorry for this horribly wronged victim. Rush as a victim. Wow. :rolleyes:

 

I agree. He brought it on himself.

For some reason Marge Schott comes to mind here. Would there be such an outcry if it was Marge purchasing or the owner a pro franchise?

For some reason Marge Schott comes to mind here. Would there be such an outcry if it was Marge purchasing or the owner a pro franchise?

 

Rush is on the radio 5 days a week, we only heard Marge say stupid things on occasion.

So much for our free country as it once was. He should have the opportunity to get part ownership, whether he is approved is another story. As happens a lot these days the inmates run the assylum whatever business you look at.

  • Author
For some reason Marge Schott comes to mind here. Would there be such an outcry if it was Marge purchasing or the owner a pro franchise?

 

Rush is on the radio 5 days a week, we only heard Marge say stupid things on occasion.

 

There was some outcry from those outside Cincy to force Marge to sell, including pressure from MLB. She wasn't technically "forced" to, but she was facing a third suspension at the time she sold to the Bananaman.

 

With the NFL, yayhoos such as Al Davis and Mike Brown are given a pass because of their longevity in the league. But were they to tread in racial waters, I think the tune from the league office would sound different.

Out of the hundreds of songs and videos he's made, I can only think of 1 video and maybe 5 songs which can be called into question. Using racial slurs and degrading videos are not part of his M.O. since the "Big Pimpin' " song.

 

 

 

Nevermind, I must remember that all it takes is 1 video and a couple of songs out of hundreds for you guys to have made your point. You guys are right, Jay-Z has no business being an owner of a professional franchise any more than Rush Limbaugh. :ohbrother:

 

So out of the thousands and thousands of comments that Limbaugh has made over MANY years, we take a few of his comments, call him a racist and question his ability to own a team?

 

I am not a Limbaugh fan. He used to be funny, MANY years ago. Now his routine is old, tired and just plain not interesting to me. However, I would have no problem with him owning a team, .... nor would I have a problem with Jay Z owning a team. I believe that Limbaugh is a HUGE football fan (figuratively and literally), and who knows what would happen.

 

I do, however, like the idea of the new investor with this group, Marshall Falk as being a MUCH better owner than either Limbaugh or Jay Z. Falk seems like a class act, is a former player, and is well thought of in the community. All in all, the investor group made a wise move in replacing Limbaugh with Falk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.