Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rush's bid for Rams in trouble?

Featured Replies

Not for one second do I think the vast majority of black players would balk at playing for a team owned by Rush if the money was right.

 

However, I fully support the NFL's right to pick and choose who gets to own one of their franchises. If they think he's bad for the league (in other words "bad for the product) then its their absolute right to tell him thanks but no thanks.

 

I can certainly understand their decision. What good would having Rush as an owner do for the product/NFL?

  • Replies 83
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Doesn't matter what league. There should be heck raised about Jay-Z owning a team too, especially with his lyrics..

 

Maybe not to you or me. But we're not the ones making the decision. The NFL and NBA have clearly shown they have different standards from each other.

Maybe not to you or me. But we're not the ones making the decision. The NFL and NBA have clearly shown they have different standards from each other.

 

Agreed. Apparently the NBA does not consider his lyrics to be "divisive."

  • Author
Agreed. Apparently the NBA does not consider his lyrics to be "divisive."

 

Well, that and the NBA embraces the hip-hop culture to a much greater degree. The NBA is a much less diverse league than the NFL.

Jay Z is not even close to the same situation.

Politics is polarizing. I see this as no different as how people who were Dixie Chicks fans suddenly decided they weren't anymore once the gals got involved in political things. A certain segment of Rams fans would see association with Rush as the Rams taking a political step, and they would not support it.

 

While Mike Brown is completely inept as an owner, he is not a political figure and that's why it's not necessarily the same phenomena as you would see if Rush was involved in ownership of a team.

 

Mike Brown is as hated as Rush in his own market, yet people will buy in if the product is good. And Brown doesn't have the like amount of followers that Rush would have to offset the naysayers. It would probably be a wash between the two. Dixie Chicks were different as the market was nationwide and there was competition for their product. When it comes to sports, people will sell their souls if the team is winning.

Not for one second do I think the vast majority of black players would balk at playing for a team owned by Rush if the money was right.

 

However, I fully support the NFL's right to pick and choose who gets to own one of their franchises. If they think he's bad for the league (in other words "bad for the product) then its their absolute right to tell him thanks but no thanks.

 

I can certainly understand their decision. What good would having Rush as an owner do for the product/NFL?

 

What good does any of the owners do for the product?

 

I agree that they should have the right to bring in anyone they want as an owner and I would have probably made the same decision. Who needs more problems?

Well, that and the NBA embraces the hip-hop culture to a much greater degree. The NBA is a much less diverse league than the NFL.

 

Without question.

What good does any of the owners do for the product?

 

I agree that they should have the right to bring in anyone they want as an owner and I would have probably made the same decision. Who needs more problems?

 

Its not a matter of what good they actually do but, rather, the bad that they do not do.

Rush can complain all he wants, but he brought it on himself with his history of inflammatory, divisive comments.

  • Author

I feel so sorry for this horribly wronged victim. Rush as a victim. Wow. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter what league. There should be heck raised about Jay-Z owning a team too, especially with his lyrics..

 

What lyrics? What has Jay-Z said that has been so bad? I need examples of what he has said that has been so bad. PM me.

 

Jay-Z is far from the stereotypical "rapper" or "gangsta rapper" or whatever it is you may believe he says in his lyrics. Nor is he divisive in his lyrics. I think you may have Jay-Z confused with Snoop Dogg or something.

Rush owning a team would have been awful and St. Louis would have suffered. Like Warren Sapp and Roman Oben(?) said last night on Inside the NFL.....if I am a free agent and he owns the Rams, then the Rams will not be getting a visit from me. That is a sentiment echoed throughout the league.

 

Personally, I am not a Rush fan and I was glad to see the players take the stand that they did and I was glad to see the NFL and the other owners take the same stand. IMO, nothing good would have come from Rush owning the Rams.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.