Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th region Cats Pause preview

Featured Replies

Shelby the pick in the balanced 8th

 

Written by Mickey Patterson/ The Oldham Era

 

Teams:

 

1. Shelby Co

2. Anderson co

3. South Oldham

4. Simon Kenton

5. North Oldham

6. Owen Co

7. Henry co

8. Gallatin Co

9. Oldham Co

10. Walton-Verona

 

 

Players:

 

1. Donovan Johnson Shelby Co

2. Jacob Russell Anderson Co

3. Jordon Shelton Owen Co

4. Alex Foley North Oldham

5. Boomer Beckley Shelby Co

6. Casey Jakson South Oldham

7. Daryl Hicks North Oldham

8. Casey Sorrell Simon Kenton

9. Zac Jones Gallatin Co

10. Connor Jefferies Henry Co

  • Replies 78
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw South play this summer. \They seem to be very limited inside and depend a lot on the 3.

 

Could certainly be trouble if they are shooting well but are they really the 3rd best team in the 8th?

  • Author
Saw South play this summer. \They seem to be very limited inside and depend a lot on the 3.

 

Could certainly be trouble if they are shooting well but are they really the 3rd best team in the 8th?

 

According to this author, but that dosn't mean he is right. Look at some other regions.

I've got a feeling Gallatin County is going to be a lot farther up on that list than a lot of people think. They have 2 new move-ins that are very good and a very tallented freshman that already had varsity minutes last year as an 8th grader that are going to help alot. This summer they surprised alot of very good teams.

Will Ruggles didn't make the top 10 players? WOW. A 4 year starter for Anderson. A team that has lost only 2 region games in 2 years and won the district his Freshman year.

Team rankings look good although I would have to think North Oldham should be 3rd.

Will Ruggles didn't make the top 10 players? WOW. A 4 year starter for Anderson. A team that has lost only 2 region games in 2 years and won the district his Freshman year.

Team rankings look good although I would have to think North Oldham should be 3rd.

 

I agree, Papa. My rankings would probably look more like this:

 

1. Shelby

2. Anderson

3. North Oldham

4. South Oldham

5. Simon Kenton

6. Owen County

7. Gallatin County (I want to hear more about these transfers)

8. Oldham County

9. Henry County

10. Walton-Verona

 

Pretty close to Mickey's...

Also surprised Will Yager from Carroll County is not on this list of top ten players as he can shoot the lights out.

Also surprised Will Yager from Carroll County is not on this list of top ten players as he can shoot the lights out.

 

Yager is a good player, but has a hard time creating his own shot and that makes him easy to stop many times. That is why he is not in the top 10. I would put him top 15 though.

Shows the quality of the region when you have players like Ruggles and Yager not in the top 10. Wartman from Grant, Sullivan from Walton and many others want to be on that list. I think it is going to be a good year in the 8th.

One to watch this year is Owen County's Blake Lewis. He is big and swift on his feet. His abilities really shined during summer ball and I wouldn't be surprised to see him dunking during the season.

One to watch this year is Owen County's Blake Lewis. He is big and swift on his feet. His abilities really shined during summer ball and I wouldn't be surprised to see him dunking during the season.
I do not recall him playing last season. Is he a move in ?
I do not recall him playing last season. Is he a move in ?

 

No, he has been there.

Shows the quality of the region when you have players like Ruggles and Yager not in the top 10. Wartman from Grant, Sullivan from Walton and many others want to be on that list. I think it is going to be a good year in the 8th.

 

Unless Jordan Ponzer from Walton graduated, I'd say he is their player that would deserve the consideration to be on that list.

Unless Jordan Ponzer from Walton graduated, I'd say he is their player that would deserve the consideration to be on that list.

 

No, he has not graduated. He is a senior this year and I do agree with you that he is Walton's best player.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.