Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th region Cats Pause preview

Featured Replies

Anderson will be 6 '6, 6 '4, 6 '3 starting line.

North Oldham will be 6 '6, 6'5 not sure who the other will be

Shelby will be 6 '6, 6 '3, 6 '4

 

I don't see Owen being that much bigger. I know the Senior is the biggest kid in the region but the other 2 kids? I doubt either will do much in these matchups.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson will be 6 '6, 6 '4, 6 '3 starting line.

North Oldham will be 6 '6, 6'5 not sure who the other will be

Shelby will be 6 '6, 6 '3, 6 '4

 

I don't see Owen being that much bigger. I know the Senior is the biggest kid in the region but the other 2 kids? I doubt either will do much in these matchups.

 

I agree with Papa Pigskin...you will not see Anderson, Shelby, or North playing zone unless they are playing "small" lineups. All three will have plenty of size to match up with Owen's front line...

Anderson will be 6 '6, 6 '4, 6 '3 starting line.

North Oldham will be 6 '6, 6'5 not sure who the other will be

Shelby will be 6 '6, 6 '3, 6 '4

 

I don't see Owen being that much bigger. I know the Senior is the biggest kid in the region but the other 2 kids? I doubt either will do much in these matchups.

 

I disagree. I think they will surprise a lot of people.

I disagree. I think they will surprise a lot of people.

 

Agreed. Sawyer Williams is a sophomore and has more talent than either of the other two had at his age. And he has not yet reached his full potential. He will be a BEAST HIS senior year. D1 baby!!!

Now that Hicks is back where he belongs, Shelby will win the thing by a large margin.

They should have the best three players in the region with Beckly, Johnson and Hicks.

If, and that is a big IF, they can play a team game and not go one on one, then bring the crown to Shelbyville..

Agreed. Sawyer Williams is a sophomore and has more talent than either of the other two had at his age. And he has not yet reached his full potential. He will be a BEAST HIS senior year. D1 baby!!!

 

You've obviously seen a different Sawyer Williams play than I have. I'm not saying that he doesn't have potential but alot of young kids do well as Freshman and Sophmores and then tend to level off as a Varsity player. He may be just a step above average for his age but there are several players out there that will matchup with him. I think there will have to be quite a bit of improvement for Division 1!

Best 3 players in the region? I guess you wasn't at state tournament last year when Russell had 20 points, 12 rebounds, and 7 assists. Shelby is the pick to win the region but I don't think it is hands down. Could be wrong. The kid from Owen is 6 '4. What position will he play in college? I don't see to many 6 '4 post players in D-1.

Best 3 players in the region? I guess you wasn't at state tournament last year when Russell had 20 points, 12 rebounds, and 7 assists. Shelby is the pick to win the region but I don't think it is hands down. Could be wrong. The kid from Owen is 6 '4. What position will he play in college? I don't see to many 6 '4 post players in D-1.

 

The kid from Owen is 6'6" and 15-may have an inch or 2 to go. That said, D-1 will be a stretch as it is for anyone. Russell is very impressive and may have not gotten the recognition he deserved playing with Penney. I look for him to have a great season. I know he plays 3 sports. What is his best?

Now that Hicks is back where he belongs, Shelby will win the thing by a large margin.

They should have the best three players in the region with Beckly, Johnson and Hicks.

If, and that is a big IF, they can play a team game and not go one on one, then bring the crown to Shelbyville..

What was that saying about chickens and hatching?? NEVER count anything until it is won. Can't tell you how many times Scott was the huge favorite in the 8th and went home from New Castle.

Russell is a player but he can't play with the three that I mentioned. PaPa must still be thinking of football.

Speaking of Russell, the kid must be a great athlete. Best FB player, Best BB player and hear that he is pretty dang on good at baseball. What is his best sport and what does he want to play at the next level?

Yes ,Williams is a good player but not D1 yet.

Owen has 6'8 6'6 6'5

Colligan was 5th or 6th in the state at field goal percentage.

Shelton has good post play and can hit the Trey.

Williams is a great offensive player around the basket.

 

In my opinion no team can match up with their bigs, but where Owen is going to get beat is at guard.

You've obviously seen a different Sawyer Williams play than I have. I'm not saying that he doesn't have potential but alot of young kids do well as Freshman and Sophmores and then tend to level off as a Varsity player. He may be just a step above average for his age but there are several players out there that will matchup with him. I think there will have to be quite a bit of improvement for Division 1!

 

Agreed that D1 is a major stretch but I don't think you are giving the kid quite enough credit.

Russell can't play with the 3 you mentioned? You do know that Anderson was 3-0 against Shelby last year? Do you know Russell averaged around 17 a game in those games? Hands down he is the best front court player in the region if you go off of stats. As for college he will play football.

Russell can't play with the 3 you mentioned? You do know that Anderson was 3-0 against Shelby last year? Do you know Russell averaged around 17 a game in those games? Hands down he is the best front court player in the region if you go off of stats. As for college he will play football.

 

Has he made a choice about a college yet? Not suprised that football is what he will pursue considering his build.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.