UK's Tobacco Ban

YankeeFan22

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a non-smoker, I like it.

There's nothing that I hate more than having someone smoke right next to me while I'm eating dinner and having a beer at happy hour.

Walk outside.

I agree with this but they should atleast have the ability to outside. I mean I hate smoke but just as long as its not in a building I can put up with it. And I can understand the medical part of campus being tobacco free which it already is, and that's fine. But this is Kentucky we are tobacco atleast we use to be there shouldnt ban it outside. And smokeless tobacco shouldn't be banned either it does nothing to others, if its your choice to do it. I understand the fact that you really can't just pick which tobacco products to ban but come on.

When I first stumbled on this thread I didn't realize it said UK and thought it said US tobacco ban! My jaw hit the floor. Now as for UK's tobacco ban, it does seem kinda silly and pretty hard to enforce.

It is petty, IMO, but it shouldn't be hard to enforce. However, if they are anything like NKU they will make it seem like it is impossible to enforce.

They sure did not have a problem when they were getting money from the Tobacco industry. I would be willing to bet that the University Farms still grows tobacco as a way to get additional money. How many Tobacco farmers donated, or sent kids to the school, or bougfht tickets to sporting events. They sure don't mind using tobacco money, DO THEY?!

They sure did not have a problem when they were getting money from the Tobacco industry. I would be willing to bet that the University Farms still grows tobacco as a way to get additional money. How many Tobacco farmers donated, or sent kids to the school, or bougfht tickets to sporting events. They sure don't mind using tobacco money, DO THEY?!

The University of Kentucky is overflowing with hypocrisy. It makes me angry in ways I can't even explain.

Will smokeless be banned from commonwealth as well?

They can come a get mine out of my mouth if they want it out of there that bad. Next time I'm in Commonwealth, I might stop at the entrance, "Thunderpack" my Grizz, and put in half a can. That is insane, stupid, crazy, insert word here. We'll see how long it last. (Snuff wise)

Perfect example of throwing the baby out with the bath water. They took a good idea-protecting non-smokers from second hand smoke-and took it way too far. Political correctness at its finest. It is sad to watch Americans slowly lose their freedom.