Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

From winless to undefeated?

Featured Replies

Has any team ever gone from a winless season to an undefeated regular season in KY?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go out on a limb and say, NO.

 

I know of some teams that turned around losing seasons into Undefeated ones but never winless.

I don't know if Lawrence County will go undefeated or not, but they are having a huge turnaround Jude.

I would say the only way it would be possible if a team had to forfeit all its games from the previous season (has that ever happened ?)

I don't know if Lawrence County will go undefeated or not, but they are having a huge turnaround Jude.

 

They could they have al;l ready faced some big obstacles. Would probably be one of the biggest if they did.

Biggest one-year turnaround I've seen for a team that was WINLESS the previous year was North Oldham going from 0-10 in 2006 to 8-4 in 2007. That's over 30 years of covering HS sports locally...

 

It'll be interesting to see what others turn up...I bet there's been better turnarounds than that, but going from winless to undefeated...you're saying the team went from being winless to being state champs...not sure that's ever happened. Wouldn't bet on it, that's for sure.

So far Bishop Brossart is doing this very thing, they didn't win a game last year and so far they are undefeated.

Biggest one-year turnaround I've seen for a team that was WINLESS the previous year was North Oldham going from 0-10 in 2006 to 8-4 in 2007. That's over 30 years of covering HS sports locally...

 

It'll be interesting to see what others turn up...I bet there's been better turnarounds than that, but going from winless to undefeated...you're saying the team went from being winless to being state champs...not sure that's ever happened. Wouldn't bet on it, that's for sure.

 

 

As far as "biggest turnarounds" you cite a good one.

 

Boyle has had two of those if I recall.

 

Chuck Smith turned a 1-9 team (predecessor) into a 7-4 his first year. (1991 to 1992)

 

I think John Buchanan took an 0-10 Boyle team (predecessor) to something good his first year. (Could have been 9-1-1 but that might have been his second year)

So far Bishop Brossart is doing this very thing, they didn't win a game last year and so far they are undefeated.

 

They won't lose another game this year if they keep cancelling the games because of H1N1.

Biggest one-year turnaround I've seen for a team that was WINLESS the previous year was North Oldham going from 0-10 in 2006 to 8-4 in 2007. That's over 30 years of covering HS sports locally...

 

It'll be interesting to see what others turn up...I bet there's been better turnarounds than that, but going from winless to undefeated...you're saying the team went from being winless to being state champs...not sure that's ever happened. Wouldn't bet on it, that's for sure.

 

 

When I played at Somerset in the 1980's we also had an 18 game swing from one year to the next. My junior year, 1986 we finished 0-9. My senior year of 1987 we went 9-4 and made the state semifinals.

When I played at Somerset in the 1980's we also had an 18 game swing from one year to the next. My junior year, 1986 we finished 0-9. My senior year of 1987 we went 9-4 and made the state semifinals.

 

That was another one of those examples I was trying to think of. Thanks. :thumb:

 

 

What he said. :D

So far Bishop Brossart is doing this very thing, they didn't win a game last year and so far they are undefeated.

 

Was their schedule as weak last year as it is this year? So far they have played Betsy Lane, Bracken County, and Jenkins who's combined record is 3wins and 8 losses. They dodged a bullet this this week not playing Elizabethtown.

Edited by Ram Fan04

Biggest one-year turnaround I've seen for a team that was WINLESS the previous year was North Oldham going from 0-10 in 2006 to 8-4 in 2007. That's over 30 years of covering HS sports locally...

 

It'll be interesting to see what others turn up...I bet there's been better turnarounds than that, but going from winless to undefeated...you're saying the team went from being winless to being state champs...not sure that's ever happened. Wouldn't bet on it, that's for sure.

 

That was a lot more fun than 0-10!

They won't lose another game this year if they keep cancelling the games because of H1N1.

 

Is that why it was cancelled? Was there that many kids that had the virus?

I'm unaware of their record and such....maybe someone with more knowledge than I knows, but what was Fort Campbell's record the year before Coach Berner started as Head Coach?

 

Later.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.