Kentucky 42 Miami, OH 0

SHS Future

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked it up, and you are correct- 4 punts with an average of 44.5 yards and a long of 54, and all of which seemed to have pretty good hangtime...looked good.

Yeah, the punting wasn't the concern for me in the kicking game. Even the missed FG doesn't bother me like the short kickoffs.

I just don't understand how you can be in the SEC and not be able to kick the ball in the endzone! We had a Soph kicker last year in high school that does it consistantly and a Sr punter this year that would be the top punter at UK right now probably. KY has their back against the wall enough in the SEC East. To me those little things are things you have to be great at to get every little edge you can!

This may be the best opener for the Cats I have seen in many years. They have the potential to be a very good offensive team this year with so many options. Need to get a better pass rush to be successful in SEC play but they may just out score a lot of teams.

I just don't understand how you can be in the SEC and not be able to kick the ball in the endzone! We had a Soph kicker last year in high school that does it consistantly and a Sr punter this year that would be the top punter at UK right now probably. KY has their back against the wall enough in the SEC East. To me those little things are things you have to be great at to get every little edge you can!

They have moved the kick off back to the 30 in college to lower the number of touchbacks and add more excitement to the game thru the KOR. In HS, it is from the 40. And he actually put the first kick in the end zone, but nothing after.

That's where we really miss Masthay.

This may be the best opener for the Cats I have seen in many years. They have the potential to be a very good offensive team this year with so many options. Need to get a better pass rush to be successful in SEC play but they may just out score a lot of teams.

You realize who they were playing, right?

They have moved the kick off back to the 30 in college to lower the number of touchbacks and add more excitement to the game thru the KOR. In HS, it is from the 40. And he actually put the first kick in the end zone, but nothing after.

That's where we really miss Masthay.

Are you sure about that MT? I do not remember the 1st kick off going in the end zone. Actually I don't remember ANY going in the end zone. :idunno: