Russellville, KY advances to the Little League World Series

Royal Uncle

Where is Logan County? have never heard of it in Kentucky. When will they play next week and who?

Logan County is pretty small and it sits between Todd County and Warren County. It also borders Simpson and Butler, I believe. Highway 68/80 runs straight through it and is the main road through going east to west. I'll tell you this much, the town of Russellville still has a town square, one Wal-Mart, a Mexican place, a bbq place, some fast food and a by-pass. They have two high schools. My whole point is, that is a lot of talent from a very small area and we should all be behind them!:dancingpa

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the state champs have come from this area the last three years, with the previous two being in Warren County. But Logan was the first one to break through.

Logan County is one of the oldest counties in the state, being the 13th formed among the 120 counties.

Great game and good luck in the LLWS. What about the bad call that the OF Umpire made early in the game. :eek: I thought it would get overruled by the HP Umpire. It was clearly NOT a catch. Oh well, the boys from Ky. would have won it anyway. :thumb:

Great game and good luck in the LLWS. What about the bad call that the OF Umpire made early in the game. :eek: I thought it would get overruled by the HP Umpire. It was clearly NOT a catch. Oh well, the boys from Ky. would have won it anyway. :thumb:

The umps had to make the call in a split second. The kid did a great job of selling it. I had to see it on replay to see for sure that the ball hit the ground first.

The umps had to make the call in a split second. The kid did a great job of selling it. I had to see it on replay to see for sure that the ball hit the ground first.

Me and my son both called it not catch when it was live. But the kid sure did sell it. :thumb:

I saw on the little league website that this team lost to a Laurel County team 18-3, but had to forfeit because of an illegal player...Kentucky baseball is really on the way up.

South London had to forfeit after an investigation into a player ruled him ineligible. However, when LC played SL in the title game later on, LC had their ace pitcher and SL just couldn't hit him like they hit their other pitcher in the earlier game. The SL team was loaded, so I know how good this LC team has to be.

Are these Logan County or Russellville kids? Just curious as to where they might be playing high school ball in a few years. I remember the Louisville team that won it a few years ago and then in no time I was watching them at PRP in state tournament.