Russellville, KY advances to the Little League World Series

Royal Uncle

The Russellville All-Stars beat out a team from Columbus, IN 10-3 to win the Great Lakes Region and advance to Williamsport for the Little League World Series. This team really puts the bat on the ball, but their defense is unbelievable. They have some great gloves, and their willingness to lay out and go after the ball really set them apart in their region.

Congratulations and good luck in Williamsport boys!!!

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing about this team is they only have a 10 man roster. That is really dangerous, but I truely believe after watching a few games on TV that any of them could play any position. It's almost like they are a team of nothing but really talented utility players.

I just finished watching this and was logging on to post. The Russellville, Ky. kids could flat out hit the baseball. The Little League W.S. games are something I look foward to every year. Personally, I would much rather watch Little Leaguer's play than the Pro's. Just kids playing baseball for the love of the game. :thumb:

Having coached youth sports in the past and this age group kids(12yr. olds) some of those years I can appreciate the work and sacrifice that goes into it from the players, coaches, parents, individual leagues and all other involved.

Congrats again to the Russellville,KY. kids and coaches along with the parents on this win and accomplishment! :thumb:

I look foward to watching a Kentucky team in the LLWS next week :popcorn:. :dancingpa

Russellville, Ky (Logan County) is on Highway 80 between Hopkinsville and Bowling Green Ky.

BTW with the rules of the Little League if you can escape having injuries (there is that big word if again) playing with only ten players is a advantage. Remember everybody has to play and no way is the last couple of players (even on teams as good as these) as good as the first couple of players, so less players can mean a better team, that is unless you get a injury.