Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dominique Ferguson Issues FB Warning

Featured Replies

Therein lies the problem with --- IMO --- a majority of UK fans. They take every little slight personally, as though someone just slapped around their mama.

 

True, but the UK fan base is not the only program who has fans like that. I think it's just more obvious because we're here in the KY.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but the UK fan base is not the only program who has fans like that. I think it's just more obvious because we're here in the KY.

 

You make a very valid point. Every program has their "bad fans" but it's just shown to us more because we're here in Kentucky.

True, but the UK fan base is not the only program who has fans like that. I think it's just more obvious because we're here in the KY.

 

You make a very valid point. Every program has their "bad fans" but it's just shown to us more because we're here in Kentucky.

 

Just because everybody else is doing it doesn't excuse it. There's a fine line between passion and lunacy, and the 18-percenters (conservative estimate) crash through it and keep on running, with regularity.

Anyone that harasses a recruit is a loser. Just like those who brag about being "blacklisted" from a Rivals sight and have to let it be known. They are so proud, and just have to let everyone know how cool they are, I say get a life.

Just because everybody else is doing it doesn't excuse it. There's a fine line between passion and lunacy, and the 18-percenters (conservative estimate) crash through it and keep on running, with regularity.

 

Right, but that wasn't the point. The point was that we, as BLUEGRASS preps members are exposed to Kentucky lunacy more than other lunacy. If this were Sunshine State preps, we'd be exposed to that, etc, etc.

Right, but that wasn't the point. The point was that we, as BLUEGRASS preps members are exposed to Kentucky lunacy more than other lunacy. If this were Sunshine State preps, we'd be exposed to that, etc, etc.

 

I read my fair share of news reports from all across the nation. I don't hear stories about stuff like this happening with other fan bases as often as I do with UK fans.

Don't you have to be "accepted" as his "friend" in order to access his page?

 

Yes, It is pretty childish to do that but you shouldn't accept them to begin with if you afraid that will happen.

Therein lies the problem with --- IMO --- a majority of UK fans. They take every little slight personally, as though someone just slapped around their mama.

I get offended and feel slighted when someone talks bad about my State University. I think it shows that we, here in Kentucky, are filled with pride and loyalty to our state. But Im not going to go trash Dominique Ferguson because he chose another school. I know alot of our fans would though. You seem to want to lump all UK fans together though, which is alright I guess. Tell me this though, how many UL fans were absolutely DRILLING Jeremy Tyler for going overseas to play ball?? TONS. Its not just a UK fan problem Mr. Schue.

Yes, It is pretty childish to do that but you shouldn't accept them to begin with if you afraid that will happen.

 

So let me make sure I understand.

 

Adults (lets say the over 30 crowd) are friend requesting a high school kid simply because he may go to UK?

 

Yikes.

So let me make sure I understand.

 

Adults (lets say the over 30 crowd) are friend requesting a high school kid simply because he may go to UK?

 

Yikes.

 

There's another term for folks like this.

 

Jock-sniffers.

Tell me this though, how many UL fans were absolutely DRILLING Jeremy Tyler for going overseas to play ball?? TONS. Its not just a UK fan problem Mr. Schue.

 

Where? Not on this board.... The biggest discussion here was why he chose to leave high school early, not that he chose not to attend UL.

IMO he needs to learn how to spell.:idunno:

UK Basketball does have some trashy fans, I'd like to see what all was said about Ferg on his facebook. Was it people writing stuff on his wall, sending him messages or what?

Where? Not on this board.... The biggest discussion here was why he chose to leave high school early, not that he chose not to attend UL.

I dont see anyone on this board trashing DFerg on his facebook either. This discussion is about the idiots who did trash him. You and I both know that this isnt the only place that UK and UL basketball get discussed pretty heavily, there are tons of places to talk about either one. I love BGP though, there seems to be some pretty sensible folks to talk with from both sides of the rivalry.

It is pretty sad that people can't hold themselves back. I have looked at his FB account page before but never thought about writing anything bad. That is sad. Keep in mind they have to be his friend to write something on his page so that could be solved easily. Not accept friend requests from people you don't know.

Exactly, he obviously has no clue what he is doing on there. But no need for people to act like that either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.