Highlands/Male Scrimmage

jbwill2

Sorry you had to find out the hard way that she dislikes perceived "criticism" of any of the Birds more than I do. :banana:
Actually, she was very nice about it. It was kind of cute: she leans over, motions for my ear, and then whispers, "You know he's actually the fastest one on the team." :lol:

She was trying hard not to publicly humiliate me in my stupidness...unlike, umm...some people. :cool: Then she quietly gave me a multi-sport run down on his various accomplishments in the area of general speed and quickness--very impressive.

Now if I see her at the next home game, I'll try to explain that I wasn't ripping on that particular player--at least, not that time. :cool:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, she was very nice about it. It was kind of cute: she leans over, motions for my ear, and then whispers, "You know he's actually the fastest one on the team." :lol:

She was trying hard not to publicly humiliate me in my stupidness...unlike, umm...some people. :cool: Then she quietly gave me a multi-sport run down on his various accomplishments in the area of general speed and quickness--very impressive.

Now if I see her at the next home game, I'll try to explain that I wasn't ripping on that particular player--at least, not that time. :cool:

If you sit with her again, your best chance is to just do nothing but tell her how great the birds are.:thumb:

PS Whatever you do, don't say anything bad about the Birds O-line.

The biggeast surprise was the performance of Pat Towles. From someone who watched most of 2008 freshman practices and all of the games its quite obvious to me that Pat has worked very hard this past year on his quickness, speed and ability to throw accurately to the receivers. Watch for him to become the backup to Barto as the season goes along. Great work Pat.!!

Of course Ozzie Sheenan will continue to make plays. Things look bright for 2010.

I'm sure Towles has worked hard. Good for him. Barto is actually Bardo and let the team get through 2009 before they worry about 2010.

Sure like to see a couple more head hunters or wedge busters on the kick off team. Other than that, I think the scrimmage went as planned and as well played as expected. There were some big plays and a couple gaffs. But hey, how can you complain with a pretty sizable win really.

Oh, and I was glad to see Dale and co. not go back to starters on D with the comeback that Redmond put on. That helped the young ones get some real gametime experience going against their ones.

Sure like to see a couple more head hunters or wedge busters on the kick off team. Other than that, I think the scrimmage went as planned and as well played as expected. There were some big plays and a couple gaffs. But hey, how can you complain with a pretty sizable win really.

Oh, and I was glad to see Dale and co. not go back to starters on D with the comeback that Redmond put on. That helped the young ones get some real gametime experience going against their ones.

Agreed. Although you never want your K making that many tackles on KO returns, Weinel certainly made his chances count and got some good licks in. That said, I assume he'd be fine not having to make any more tackles the rest of the year.

Agreed. Although you never want your K making that many tackles on KO returns, Weinel certainly made his chances count and got some good licks in. That said, I assume he'd be fine not having to make any more tackles the rest of the year.

They must have forgotten to tell the guy they had kicking last year:lol:

Interesting

I know where you are going with this and it would of been a HUGE coaching mistake putting Patick Towles in the game last night when they thought Bardo was hurt. Wouldn't have been a good idea......Hopefully this wasn't the idea you were entertaining(SP)

I know where you are going with this and it would of been a HUGE coaching mistake putting Patick Towles in the game last night when they thought Bardo was hurt. Wouldn't have been a good idea......Hopefully this wasn't the idea you were entertaining(SP)

Apparently the Highlands coaching staff don't share your opinion.