Highlands/Male Scrimmage

jbwill2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male really seemed to start clicking late in the season in 2008. They might be in a similar situation right now. It's a scrimmage, so you take it with a bit of a grain of salt. And of course the opponent was Highlands, who may be the best overall team in the state this year.

I really wish we could play or scrimmage Highlands so we can gauge where we are...I feel we have a long way to go.

Is there any interest between the two schools in scheduling a regular game? It seems like it would annually be a great one, with a great gate. And I'm sure both teams have difficulty scheduling games because they are so far ahead of most.

It was all Birds with ones against ones..The only thing that bothered me was that they weren't containing the edge very well on D...I know it is very early and coach Weinrich will get it taken care of..Overall the Birds were really impressive. Roller is already laying the wood...Wow!!!!!:scared:

Is there any interest between the two schools in scheduling a regular game? It seems like it would annually be a great one, with a great gate. And I'm sure both teams have difficulty scheduling games because they are so far ahead of most.

Trinity has been trying to get them on the schedule for several years.

It was all Birds with ones against ones..The only thing that bothered me was that they weren't containing the edge very well on D...I know it is very early and coach Weinrich will get it taken care of..Overall the Birds were really impressive. Roller is already laying the wood...Wow!!!!!:scared:

I'm just glad to see #19 back on the field for HHS going for state title # 19,is that ironic or what?? :banana:

First I want to “Thank” Henry521 for passing out a three part card that can be folded and put into a purse or wallet that has the 2009 Varsity and JV Football Schedule and Roster. I don’t remember if I thanked her but it is great. Again, Thanks!

I thought it was a great scrimmage for both teams from the performance on the field. Only the coaches really know what they were trying to assess on the performance of individual players and the team as a whole. I am not that familiar with Male but it appears to me that they are a ball control team that will lull you to sleep and strike suddenly. On the other hand Highlands seems to have a very opportunistic offensive scheme that will attack a perceived or real weakness of their opponent. Both teams are very well coached and prepared.

What can you say about Austin Collinsworth? He is one of the most complete football players I have ever seen. What can’t the young man do? I really don’t know.

Will Bardo, #3, is a cool customer and the field general. He throws an excellent spiral and seems to remain cool under fire.

Jordan Streeter, #44, is a flat-out burner. The young man has some great wheels and is very aware of his surroundings. Appears to have great peripheral vision and explodes when he needs to.

Brandon Roller, #19, is back with a vengeance. He has the right pedigree and uses his talents to the utmost.

Austin Abner, #5, is a headhunter. If he were in the military he would be a Navy Seal.

It seems to me that Highlands will have a very good season.

Out of curiosity were Highlands TD's primarily from long plays or long drives?

Actually some of both. Highlands can drive the ball and can score in a play. It really is a very diverse and multi dimensional offense. Birds starters looked sharp on O and D.

Manual will be another very good test for the Birds next week.

Male by the way has some very nice speed (again). You don't contain them well and it's a TD. Male has some pretty decent size on the O line. Not ready to quite claim them true contenders to beat X or T, but if they work really hard, listen to Redmon and improve, who knows what could happen.

Hope every one made it safely back to the ville.

Anyone see the Freshmen or JV??

I watched the freshmen primarily (sorry JV players). We scored 5 tds in our first 10 play series if that tells you any thing as to how good we played. Frog Seidel is fast and very shifty. Collinsworth (yep there's another one coming) looked great and scored a couple (several?) tds. Line blocked well. Qbs threw some exceptional passes, particularly for frosh. Job well done. Keep working hard. You've got a big task ahead of you.