Highlands/Male Scrimmage

jbwill2

Highlands hosts Louisville Male for a preseason scrimmage today (Friday, August 14, 2009).

Once this scrimmage gets underway, any updates or information would be greatly appreciated, especially for the Highlands contingent in North Carolina (or North Kakalaka, if you prefer)!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final score was 50-40. But don't let that fool you; it was 43-14 at the half. The crowd was great! It wasn't a sell-out by any means, but it rivaled some of our best regular season crowds from last year. Male brought a nice large contingent too.

I was, overall, very impressed with the Birds. They still need to work on containment around the ends, but that will come. Saw some fantastic hits out there by Roller (Yes, he IS back!), Bruns, and Abner...among many others.

The passing game was looking as good as advertised, and will surely get better. The running game is in good hands with Mr. Collinsworth...that is when he's not throwing passes for near-touchdowns. :cool: Our punting and kicking looked fantastic as well.

Good first outing for the Birds! :thumb:

Typical scrimmage in my opinion. However, the Birds starting O, D, and special teams looked to be ready to go. The substitutions were many which you won't find during the regular season. But it was a good measuring stick for the entire squad. Keep working boys! Everyone can get better!:thumb:

Out of curiosity were Highlands TD's primarily from long plays or long drives?
Primarily big plays, if my memory is correct. In fact, the first play of the game was a pass which, had it not just barely escaped the receiver's fingertips, would likely have been a TD. On the next play, Austin C. took it all the way on an impressive run. Once he got past the line traffic, there was no question about it.

Primarily big plays, if my memory is correct. In fact, the first play of the game was a pass that just escaped the receiver's fingertips. It would have likely been a TD. On the next play, Austin C. takes it all the way on an impressive run. Once he got past the line traffic, there was no question about it.
Thanks Birdsfan. Knowing that your guys put one on Male like that doesn't bode to well for my Crimsons.