August 12, 200917 yr http://www.courier-journal.com/article/99999999/MOGULUS0102/90527033&template=mogulus "You spin me right round baby right round...." Weak apology...looked more like he was trying to save his job rather than being remorseful. Actions speak louder than words my friends.
August 12, 200917 yr He said what he had to say. There really wasn't much more that could've been said.
August 12, 200917 yr Author I think he could have been much more remorseful and apologetic, and even could have spun the debate to where he is not the one being charged with a crime...
August 13, 200917 yr You know, in all honesty, the real remorse and regret is owed to his family, not any of us. I really think that this press conference and apology was a good thing to do, but whatever torment and anguish Pitino has or does feel isn't for us, and it shouldn't be. It should be for his family. In the overall scheme of things, THEY are the one's who are truely wronged and deserving of his apology. We can speculate till the cows come home, but nothing changes for us unless President Ramsey and Tom Jurich make it so. For his family, I'm sure a LOT has changed. Anyone who wanted "more" from him, only wants to see him squirm and delight in his misery.
August 13, 200917 yr He said what he had to say. There really wasn't much more that could've been said. No matter what he says, people have already formed their opinion of the situation. Pitino's presser was a great chance to make a public appearance, not hang yourself, and then move on for a few days. I think he did about all he legally and personally could/should do at this time.
August 13, 200917 yr No matter what he says, people have already formed their opinion of the situation. Pitino's presser was a great chance to make a public appearance, not hang yourself, and then move on for a few days. I think he did about all he legally and personally could/should do at this time. My point exactly. You know how big of a UofL fan I am, and I'm even ashamed of him. That doesn't mean I'll disown him or not forgive him. Just because he is a celeb doesn't mean he isn't human, he made a mistake. A real big one. The presser was just to show his face, and apoligize without going overboard. He did just that. The important thing he said was that he wasn't going anywhere, that's what recruits need to hear.
August 13, 200917 yr My point exactly. You know how big of a UofL fan I am, and I'm even ashamed of him. That doesn't mean I'll disown him or not forgive him. Just because he is a celeb doesn't mean he isn't human, he made a mistake. A real big one. The presser was just to show his face, and apoligize without going overboard. He did just that. The important thing he said was that he wasn't going anywhere, that's what recruits need to hear. I'm actually one of the UK folks who didn't hold it against him when he went to Louisville. He was unemployed and took the best available job - you and I both did the same when we finished school. I'm ashamed of him and his actions and wish he hadn't done it. But that's a far as I can go on this. If he wants to quit Louisville, then go ahead. If UofL thinks he should be fired/dismissed, then go ahead. But Pitino did exactly what he should have done today and not a single person should have expected more.
August 13, 200917 yr I have to agree with Rockmom. His remorsefulness should be directed towards his family most of all. The embarrassment to his wife and kids. Knowing your husband messes around or having to deal with rumors is bad enough. Having this slap upside the face spread all over the news and net... more than I'd want to tolerate.
August 13, 200917 yr I wonder if he would be just as sorry if he had not been caught? Really no point to that question. You can ask that about anybody in the history of mankind who has ever done anything wrong but nobody can ever truly know the answer to that except for that person.
August 13, 200917 yr How many rumors were there when he was at UK? Things finally caught up with "slick" Rick. Now we are going to learn what is more important to UL winning or reputation.
August 13, 200917 yr I think he could have been much more remorseful and apologetic, and even could have spun the debate to where he is not the one being charged with a crime... By saying what, "I'm really, REALLY sorry"...??? He doesn't seem like the mushy type to cry and get emotional. I agree with most of the others---he said what needed to be said and it probably doesn't change a whole lot but it does sound as if he'll be around for awhile.
August 13, 200917 yr You know, in all honesty, the real remorse and regret is owed to his family, not any of us. I really think that this press conference and apology was a good thing to do, but whatever torment and anguish Pitino has or does feel isn't for us, and it shouldn't be. It should be for his family. In the overall scheme of things, THEY are the one's who are truely wronged and deserving of his apology. We can speculate till the cows come home, but nothing changes for us unless President Ramsey and Tom Jurich make it so. For his family, I'm sure a LOT has changed. Anyone who wanted "more" from him, only wants to see him squirm and delight in his misery. :thumb:
August 13, 200917 yr He had an affair, gave a women money for health insurance, has dealt with it in his family......end of discussion.
August 13, 200917 yr Weak apology...looked more like he was trying to save his job rather than being remorseful. I totally disagree. This is the first time I've ever seen Rick Pitino nervous and I thought what he said was appropriate. Also remember this happened a long time ago and even for his family the seven months that have passed have allowed them time to sort the situation to where the wounds are somewhat less open. Were I to see tears in this press conference, I know they would be a disingenuous manufacture of an emotion he probably has in his rearveiw mirror.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.