Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino Presser...

Featured Replies

You know, in all honesty, the real remorse and regret is owed to his family, not any of us. I really think that this press conference and apology was a good thing to do, but whatever torment and anguish Pitino has or does feel isn't for us, and it shouldn't be. It should be for his family. In the overall scheme of things, THEY are the one's who are truely wronged and deserving of his apology.

 

We can speculate till the cows come home, but nothing changes for us unless President Ramsey and Tom Jurich make it so. For his family, I'm sure a LOT has changed.

 

Anyone who wanted "more" from him, only wants to see him squirm and delight in his misery.

 

I agree with your post. But, I had a question for you (and anyone else who wants to answer).

 

Do you think Rick Pitino does feel remorse or is sorry for what he did, or for the fact that it resulted in an embarassment for him, his family and U of L? Would he be sorry or remorseful if none of this had ever gone public?

 

Pitino has a reputation apparently, so this wasn't the first time. I think it's also fair to be skeptical about whether this was the only "encounter" he had with Sypher.

 

I don't have an agenda with this question. I just think there's an important distinction between being sorry you did it vs. being sorry you got caught. I think Pitino is sorry he got caught.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with your post. But, I had a question for you (and anyone else who wants to answer).

 

Do you think Rick Pitino does feel remorse or is sorry for what he did, or for the fact that it resulted in an embarassment for him, his family and U of L? Would he be sorry or remorseful if none of this had ever gone public?

 

Pitino has a reputation apparently, so this wasn't the first time. I think it's also fair to be skeptical about whether this was the only "encounter" he had with Sypher.

 

I don't have an agenda with this question. I just think there's an important distinction between being sorry you did it vs. being sorry you got caught. I think Pitino is sorry he got caught.

I would agree with this.
I would agree with this.

 

 

:thumb:

I had the same thought in post #9.

:thumb:

I had the same thought in post #9.

 

Oops...I didn't read the whole thread. :thumb:

I liked the part where he said he apoligize to his family ever single day and I guarantee that he does not see his family ever day as they all go their own way and do their own thing. Could this be the major reason his son left?

Pitino did what he needed to do. I thought he handled it just fine. I still say that I wouldn't want him coaching my program, but that is just how I feel about it personally and wouldn't begrudge UL if they take no action. That is their right.

 

As far as being remorseful, those are emotions for he and his family. UL can handle this as they see fit.

I agree with your post. But, I had a question for you (and anyone else who wants to answer).

 

Do you think Rick Pitino does feel remorse or is sorry for what he did, or for the fact that it resulted in an embarassment for him, his family and U of L? Would he be sorry or remorseful if none of this had ever gone public?

 

Pitino has a reputation apparently, so this wasn't the first time. I think it's also fair to be skeptical about whether this was the only "encounter" he had with Sypher.

 

I don't have an agenda with this question. I just think there's an important distinction between being sorry you did it vs. being sorry you got caught. I think Pitino is sorry he got caught.

 

To answer your question...in their heart of hearts, how many people are regretful of actions, yet never make steps to apologize for something they've done if they haven't been found out?

 

I can't answer what's in his heart. I can't answer whether he's truely remorseful. I know there are things in my past I regret. I've apologized to no one about them, but have confessed them to my priest. Does that make me a hypocrit? Does that mean that I'm only sorry if I get caught?

 

I don't personally know Pitino. Maybe some of you do. My PERCEPTION of him is that while he's quite the rumor magnet, and some rumors may have some basis for truth, he's done a lot of good....and in a lot of different ways. Just watching him over the last several months, I think he looks worn and tired, in a way that isn't age...that only an emotional toll can wear you.

 

But, that's just me.

Just watching him over the last several months, I think he looks worn and tired, in a way that isn't age...that only an emotional toll can wear you.

 

Personally, I've felt that his physical appearance has been in severe decline beyond what I would normally expect for years. For a 56 year old, he looks quite aged. It began when Minardi died during 9/11, and it's all starting to pile up from there.

 

In a lot of ways, I'm surprised Rick hasn't stepped down because of this stuff. Not because of the indiscretion itself, but because of the emotional and physical wear and tear it is causing him. He says his desire is still strong, but I see less and less of that. I think his time in Louisville is definitely numbered, and not because he is going to jump to another team.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/99999999/MOGULUS0102/90527033&template=mogulus

"You spin me right round baby right round...."

Weak apology...looked more like he was trying to save his job rather than being remorseful.Actions speak louder than words my friends.

 

Like I said on another thread...Pitino is very good coach along with a brilliant con man...he could sell an Eskimo an air conditioner and have him convinced that he needed it for the long, hot Alaskan summers.

Bob Petrino had U.L peple convinced that he wanted to be at U.L. and we saw what happened and he wasn't as close to "slick" as Petino. Pitino is just saying what he needs to now, had he been truly sorry he would have came out and admitted it and apologized a long time ago, not after the news broke. Typical c.y.a. presser imo :rolleyes:.

Pitino did what he needed to do. I thought he handled it just fine. I still say that I wouldn't want him coaching my program, but that is just how I feel about it personally and wouldn't begrudge UL if they take no action. That is their right.

 

UL can handle this as they see fit.

 

:thumb: Agreed.

Rick Pitino is the only reason that UK Basketball came back to life after the Sutton Scandal. If not for Pitino there would have been no Mashburn. If not for Mashburn there would had been no NCAA Tournament runs. Rick Pitino was a childhood hero of mine and he still is. The man made a mistake. It was not his first mistake nor will it be his last. I do not think that anyone who is a real UK fan can look at the man who put UK Basketball back on track and enjoy seeing him and his family go through this. My heart goes out to Pitino and his family in this hard time.

 

As far as the press confrence goes I thought he said what needed to be said. He apologized and acknowleged that it was harmfull to the University and all individuals associated with it. Just like typical Pitino he said all the right things when he needed to. I don't care if the color of your shirt is Blue or Red that is classy.

Rick Pitino is the only reason that UK Basketball came back to life after the Sutton Scandal. If not for Pitino there would have been no Mashburn. If not for Mashburn there would had been no NCAA Tournament runs. Rick Pitino was a childhood hero of mine and he still is. The man made a mistake. It was not his first mistake nor will it be his last. I do not think that anyone who is a real UK fan can look at the man who put UK Basketball back on track and enjoy seeing him and his family go through this. My heart goes out to Pitino and his family in this hard time.

 

As far as the press confrence goes I thought he said what needed to be said. He apologized and acknowleged that it was harmfull to the University and all individuals associated with it. Just like typical Pitino he said all the right things when he needed to. I don't care if the color of your shirt is Blue or Red that is classy.

 

:thumb::thumb:Well said.

To answer your question...in their heart of hearts, how many people are regretful of actions, yet never make steps to apologize for something they've done if they haven't been found out?

 

I can't answer what's in his heart. I can't answer whether he's truely remorseful. I know there are things in my past I regret. I've apologized to no one about them, but have confessed them to my priest. Does that make me a hypocrit? Does that mean that I'm only sorry if I get caught?

 

I don't personally know Pitino. Maybe some of you do. My PERCEPTION of him is that while he's quite the rumor magnet, and some rumors may have some basis for truth, he's done a lot of good....and in a lot of different ways. Just watching him over the last several months, I think he looks worn and tired, in a way that isn't age...that only an emotional toll can wear you.

 

But, that's just me.

 

I understand what you are saying about the not apologizing part...but you also probably don't get tell your players (or children) to do that if you don't do it yourself. How can he stand there and say those things if he only apologized when he HAD to? That is my problem with it all. Shallow apology.

 

I'm out now. Surely I didn't pay my 20 bucks to discuss this. :sssh:

 

I'm moving on to actual sports.

  • Author
It's a felony to not report to the Feds that you're being extorted?

When being questioned by the feds or the police.

 

To touch on the religious aspect....how do you know that Pitino hadn't confessed this to his priest in the past? How do you know what his relationship with God is? Abortion IS a polarizing issue, but I must ask...are you Catholic?

 

You want Rick to squirm. You don't like him. And you are absolutely delighting in this. You don't care about the university, it's black eye or anything else. You would like to see Rick brought down. I'm not sure of the reasons, but your posting history is reflective of a more than a typical anti-UL bias.

I'm not catholic, but I think it is somewhat of an issue for him. Do you think there are people within the catholic community in Jefferson County that are appalled at what he did in regards to abortion? I would think so. It is out there, because he puts it on display every single game with Father Bradley on the bench...I think it is legit. I think Pitino is a fantastic basketball coach.

John Clay wrote a piece that touched on his religion, and so forth.

 

I have a problem with what he did. But to bring his religious beliefs into question is more than a bit presumptious on the part of some, IMO. One can be a good Catholic, yet make horrible mistakes. I have no idea why he waited. I suspect, had it not been a wackadoo involved, he most likely would never have said anything. But I don't find this to be something that is outrageous. I mean, who ever admits to doing something wrong if they don't get caught? How many men have cheated on their wives, and never said a word? I'm not excusing WHAT he did. I think it's awful. But how many fathers (and mothers for that matter) have cheated on their spouses, only to go home and try to instill values in their children...their OWN children? How many teachers have had transgressions, then go into the classroom and teach YOUR children?

 

The part questioning his religion is certainly offensive to me. I can see where the shots at Pitino are due. Shoot, it's funny if you look at it objectively...like you were watching a movie or a sitcom. But I resent that because Pitino is Catholic, the seemingly "natural" course is to say that he's somehow offended Catholics, or the Church, by his actions. As a Catholic UL fan, HUH? Shoot! He ain't the first Catholic who's gotten drunk, cheated, gotten/paid for an abortion, OR lied to their spouse, withheld the story for a long time. Heck! He's not the first CHRISTIAN to do these things. This has nothing to do with Fr. Bradley. And it has nothing to do with Fr. Bradley's presence at the UL games. But people are trying to tie it all together and create an ever LARGER moral outrage. Isn't the story sordid enough? Why try to make it worse by introducing his religion?

Doesn't the Catholic church refuse to support certain political candidates because of their views on abortion? Yet here is a man who displays it openly then pays for an abortion. I see a connection to tying this in regarding religion and ones actions, particularly that who is a prominent public figure..

 

Rick Pitino is the only reason that UK Basketball came back to life after the Sutton Scandal. If not for Pitino there would have been no Mashburn. If not for Mashburn there would had been no NCAA Tournament runs. Rick Pitino was a childhood hero of mine and he still is. The man made a mistake. It was not his first mistake nor will it be his last. I do not think that anyone who is a real UK fan can look at the man who put UK Basketball back on track and enjoy seeing him and his family go through this. My heart goes out to Pitino and his family in this hard time.

 

As far as the press confrence goes I thought he said what needed to be said. He apologized and acknowleged that it was harmfull to the University and all individuals associated with it. Just like typical Pitino he said all the right things when he needed to. I don't care if the color of your shirt is Blue or Red that is classy.

 

Pitino is a great coach...have always said that. He will recover...and I hope he does.

To answer your question...in their heart of hearts, how many people are regretful of actions, yet never make steps to apologize for something they've done if they haven't been found out?

 

I can't answer what's in his heart. I can't answer whether he's truely remorseful. I know there are things in my past I regret. I've apologized to no one about them, but have confessed them to my priest. Does that make me a hypocrit? Does that mean that I'm only sorry if I get caught?

 

I don't personally know Pitino. Maybe some of you do. My PERCEPTION of him is that while he's quite the rumor magnet, and some rumors may have some basis for truth, he's done a lot of good....and in a lot of different ways. Just watching him over the last several months, I think he looks worn and tired, in a way that isn't age...that only an emotional toll can wear you.

 

But, that's just me.

 

Not sure where the answer was in all that. I was just asking for your opinion, what you thought. Not for answer on Pitino's behalf.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.