Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favre will stay retired

Featured Replies

favre (v) [fahrv] - to leave a professional football team hanging for weeks on end regarding one's career choices while milking related publicity for all it's worth.

 

:laugh: :clap:

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been a packers fan since I was a kid and therefore became a big Brett Favre fan. I think he got himself in a position last year that he couldn't get out of. I think he thought he'd be welcomed back to the Packers and when he started to push, it kind of put himself in a no turning back situation. Things went south with his injury at the end of the season and he hung them up. I know he probably hated to go out that way but if it is forsure over it is probably for the best.

I wish he'd have stayed retired after his last year in Green Bay or at least not waivered and comeback another year or two there with none of this bad rap.

He was a winner and a very tough football player. I wish him the best in his retirement.

I was really hoping he would come back with AP. I really think he didn't get as healthy as he had hoped. I hope all the news media that have killed him shut their mouth for the way they have treated him. One of my all time favorites!

Great draft pick in our fantasy league lol!

He did the right thing. I am happy he made this decision.

 

So long, Brett. I enjoyed watching you.

 

My thoughts as well. Brett Favre is probably my all time favorite NFL player, certainly fav QB.

I didn't like seing him in a Jets uniform and think that he shouldn't have came back to play a year in NY. Favre is a Packer, I wish the Packers would had let him come back last season for one more run but they didn't and imo may have paid the price for it last season.

 

Thanks for the memories Brett :notworthy::ylsuper:

 

GO Packers !!!!

I was really hoping he would come back with AP. I really think he didn't get as healthy as he had hoped. I hope all the news media that have killed him shut their mouth for the way they have treated him. One of my all time favorites!

Great draft pick in our fantasy league lol!

 

:lol: I rolled that magical eight ball twice and it said go for it. I called 1-900-psychic and she said he would be an all pro? :isurrender:

 

Regardless he still is one of the best ever and I enjoyed watching him. One thing the Bengals did right is let him start his career with one great comeback.

Muche talked to him and he's going to continue to workout and throw. I think he wanted to come back but his body won't let him right now....

A.p., jarred allen etc. all tested him last week trying to get him to come.

As much as I get tired of listening to the reports of him leaving, coming back, leaving, and coming back, I look at it this way:

 

You have one life to live. Make as many decisions as you want. If you want to retire, come back, retire, and then come back, it's perfectly alright. These opportunities aren't forever.

 

ESPN and the other sports entities make this awful for everyone else.

 

:thumb:

I agree! I'm not sold he will never play again...

He will return mid season. Mark my words. He is a glory hound. Everyone remember Roger Clemens.

Heard on ESPN Radio this morning that while Brett Favre has decided to remain retired that he will still continue his throwing workouts.

 

Would not surprise me in the least if the Vikings start out 0-2 or 0-3 that Favre could still end up a Viking...and the best part of all for Favre...no preseason camp or preseason games.

He may be done, but I would not bet my house on him staying that way. I think there is a small chance he may start feeling better, and if the opportunity comes his way I think he'd give it one more shot. He won't come back for just any team, it would have to be someone in the hunt so the odds are slim.

I would almost be willing to bet his name comes up around mid-season in response to a team on the verge of making the playoffs. He'll consider the option and perhaps will come back. And the world will spend about a month ramming the idea down our throats.

 

In no way do I think this soap opera is over.

 

:thumb: This is exactly wants going to happen.

How is he responsible for the actions of the media?

 

Don't talk to them...

Don't talk to them...

 

So he shouldn't talk to his friends (and reportedly, a couple of them are his friends; Werder, etc.) just because they will report it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.