June 30, 200917 yr "We sitting here, I'm supposed to be a franchise player only we in here talking 'bout practice."
June 30, 200917 yr And the legend of Matt Pilgrim grows some more. Now he owned Patterson in practice.
June 30, 200917 yr Two things about practice. 1) Play can be a little more physical because coaches allow it where officials do not. 2) You don't foul out of practice. So, you can be as physical as you would like. Bobby Knight said to make practice harder than the games and then it is easier for the players come game time. Yep
June 30, 200917 yr I guess Patterson would only average around 8pts a game at Hampton if Pilgrim averaged 9 his sophomore year?
June 30, 200917 yr He 100% gave Patterson problems in practice last season. I've been vocal about my doubts about Pilgrim, but that is fact... Then why can't he even make the roster this year? Seems to me a guy that gives a future first round draft pick problems could make a major D1 roster somewhere. Something just doesn't add with him. :idunno:
June 30, 200917 yr ^Calipari had to make room for his recruiting class. Somebody had to go. At least he was honest with the guy... Would Pilgram have preferred Cal mislead him and then find out he wasn't going to play when it was too late and he'd lost a year of eligibility?
June 30, 200917 yr Matt Pilgrim's practice jersey will hang in the rafters of Rupp one day. They may name the next arena after him. If he gave Patterson so much trouble in practice, I find it hard to believe that he couldn't make our roster this season.
June 30, 200917 yr Matt Pilgrim's practice jersey will hang in the rafters of Rupp one day. They may name the next arena after him. I think they are christening the court where they practice as the Matt Pilgrim Practice facility, but I may be mistaken.
July 1, 200917 yr One year ago all people talked about was he is the real deal and now you talk about him like this because he works hard. I heard Pat goes all out to. They may name it after him. I mean Pat wasnot 1st team SEC in a down year. I love UK sports. All Matt was saying is that he works for everything and CAL said it don't matter if you out work them, your not playing.
July 1, 200917 yr Sounds like he didn't want to take his chances on outworking the newcomers. I told him I was willing to work hard is not actually working hard. Seems to me Cal's fair enough that had he stayed and outworked some people he probably would've seen some playing time.
July 2, 200917 yr Was it true that he was about 20 lbs. overweight when Coach Cal arrived? If so that may have been the kicker. AKA "lazy"???
July 2, 200917 yr There is no way that this kid, who started his career at Hampton and averaged six points a game, gave Patterson a hard time. And the legend of Matt Pilgrim grows some more. Now he owned Patterson in practice. This surprises me that people keep saying stuff like this. You all do realize that players can improve right? The whole thing about well he only averaged 6 points at Hampton shows that he was not that good, is not that good of an argument IMO. There have been plenty of people who might not have done so well during a freshman season, then ended up being a very good player and a player that could take over. I don't know why some of you all say stuff when people talk about Pilgrim being pretty good, they are just going by what they have seen with their own eyes. I know from what I saw he looked really impressive to me. Now would he have finally been able to translate that into a real game, we don't know. However if he is able to translate his play into the game after now being in college for a few years, he can end up being one of the better post players in the country.
July 2, 200917 yr This surprises me that people keep saying stuff like this. You all do realize that players can improve right? The whole thing about well he only averaged 6 points at Hampton shows that he was not that good, is not that good of an argument IMO. There have been plenty of people who might not have done so well during a freshman season, then ended up being a very good player and a player that could take over. I don't know why some of you all say stuff when people talk about Pilgrim being pretty good, they are just going by what they have seen with their own eyes. I know from what I saw he looked really impressive to me. Now would he have finally been able to translate that into a real game, we don't know. However if he is able to translate his play into the game after now being in college for a few years, he can end up being one of the better post players in the country. Where did I ever say Pilgrim couldn't improve? I just think it's hilarious how people have built Pilgrim up to be an all-star, and he never touched the court for UK... Who knows, he might have really destroyed Patterson in practice. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.