Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Pilgrim Has Some Interesting Comments

Featured Replies

Ouch...

 

"He just gave me a choice...to sit the bench or go somewhere and play. So, you know he basically gave me a choice but it wasn't really a choice at the same time," Pilgrim said.

 

"I told him I was willing to work hard, but I guess it wasn't convincing enough," Pilgram said.

 

"That's definitely accurate, that's why I'm surprised I'm still not there" Pilgrim said of rumors that he gave Patrick Patterson everything he could handle in practice last year.

 

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=10613381&nav=menu203_4

I don't think it's an "ouch" towards Calipari or Kentucky.

 

Seems like he was honest with Pilgrim. As a player, I would appreciate the honesty. As a player, I wouldn't like to hear that I'm not good enough, but you've got to appreciate the honesty.

 

Hopefully Cal will help Pilgrim find a home where he'll be able to contribute. If that happens, I don't see how anyone could be upset with Cal.

  • Author

I think its an ouch when he basically said, "yeah, I did outplay Patterson in practice..."

I think its an ouch when he basically said, "yeah, I did outplay Patterson in practice..."

 

He said he gave Patterson everything he could handle in practice.

 

I'd that means that Pilgrim was physical with him & Patterson struggled as a result.

I think its an ouch when he basically said, "yeah, I did outplay Patterson in practice..."

 

Do you think he would be a bit biased?

There is no way that this kid, who started his career at Hampton and averaged six points a game, gave Patterson a hard time.

There is no way that this kid, who started his career at Hampton and averaged six points a game, gave Patterson a hard time.

He 100% gave Patterson problems in practice last season. I've been vocal about my doubts about Pilgrim, but that is fact...

I wonder if UK scheduled Memphis next year if he would see the floor.

  • Author
He 100% gave Patterson problems in practice last season. I've been vocal about my doubts about Pilgrim, but that is fact...

 

Alot of people that watched practice said the same thing. :thumb:

 

(For the record, I'm not one of the "Pilgrim is a lottery pick" club or anything)

Practice?

 

I mean you're talkin' bout PRACTICE?

Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We talk'n about practice.

He 100% gave Patterson problems in practice last season. I've been vocal about my doubts about Pilgrim, but that is fact...

 

I don't find that hard to believe at all.

 

There's no doubt that Matt Pilgrim has the body to play bigtime D1 basketball.

 

I can only imagine how physical Billy G's practices were.

 

Add the two up, and you've got yourself an all-star.

Two things about practice.

1) Play can be a little more physical because coaches allow it where officials do not.

2) You don't foul out of practice. So, you can be as physical as you would like.

 

Bobby Knight said to make practice harder than the games and then it is easier for the players come game time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.