Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will and Antonio Barton To Memphis

Featured Replies

Darn, this is a shocker. I would have loved to have him, he seems like a phenominal player, but I wish him luck. Do you think he chose Memphis because UK was reluctant to give his brother a scholly like Memphis or am I way off base GT?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#1 SG in the Nation for 2010. Am I correct on that?

 

At 6-6, if he is that good then I don't think the likes of Darius Miller, Hood, Dodson or Bledsoe or whoever weren't going to keep a kid like that off the floor. Haven't seen anything on the kid, so this is just speculation.

 

I am sorry, I haven't followed this guy as much. Didn't realize that he was in the class of 2010...my mistake. I retract my statement.

Wait...I thought Maggard said he would commit to UK? :laugh:

I don't know much about Barton except what I have read on here, but a package deal with his brother ties up another scholarship unless the brother is pretty good. I'm not sure 2 for 1 is always a great choice. Of course, if this guy is Kobe Bryant reincarnated I could understand a little better.

Wait...I thought Maggard said he would commit to UK? :laugh:

 

And now he's saying he was wrong... he's not denying it.

 

I don't understand the Maggard hatred, personally.

I don't know much about Barton except what I have read on here, but a package deal with his brother ties up another scholarship unless the brother is pretty good. I'm not sure 2 for 1 is always a great choice. Of course, if this guy is Kobe Bryant reincarnated I could understand a little better.

 

Wouldn't Kobe have to be dead before Barton could be Kobe Bryant reincarnated?

And now he's saying he was wrong... he's not denying it.

 

I don't understand the Maggard hatred, personally.

 

Maggard seems to be wrong a lot.

Cant wait for the "We really didn't need him any way" talk to start.... :lol:

 

You're six posts too late ... :lol:

 

I wouldn't say backed off, just not in need anymore. Coach Cal. as he has shown is not afraid to have the meeting and tell the players who he needs and who he doesn't. I think Barton was more of a back up in case Wall didn't come even though he wasn't a pg. I also like how Coach Cal. is sending Memphis all the leftovers and helping them out. I know they were good to him and vice versa, so why not.
There are a lot of way for me to answer that question that I can't put out there at this time. I think it certainly played a part, but it was only a fraction in the equation. Cyp had made the critical connections, and it paid off IMO...

 

I for one wishes you would give more instead of saying I can't put something out there or the rules of this site prohibit me form saying something. I need proof and that is certainly not it.

 

Seems a lot of what has been written here is all opinion anyway!

I for one wishes you would give more instead of saying I can't put something out there or the rules of this site prohibit me form saying something. I need proof and that is certainly not it.

 

Seems a lot of what has been written here is all opinion anyway!

 

You're just going to have to trust GT on this one. People sometimes have to be guarded about what information they make public. If they weren't, they might find themselves not privvy to that information in the future. :sssh:

  • Author
I for one wishes you would give more instead of saying I can't put something out there or the rules of this site prohibit me form saying something. I need proof and that is certainly not it.

 

Seems a lot of what has been written here is all opinion anyway!

 

I say what I can say when I can say it. If you don't like it, I'll live.

 

It's a message board.......... :idunno:

You're just going to have to trust GT on this one. People sometimes have to be guarded about what information they make public. If they weren't, they might find themselves not privvy to that information in the future. :sssh:

 

No doubt, when it comes to recruiting and committments, GT is usually dead on.

I am sorry, I haven't followed this guy as much. Didn't realize that he was in the class of 2010...my mistake. I retract my statement.

 

No worries. I haven't seen that much on him, I just figured with that ranking and size he would be a very good player.

Tough loss, onto the next target, to act like we backed off or didn't need him is comical. Chalk it up as a loss and move on. Cal can't get every top recruit and everytime this happen we don't people making excuses when they have no idea really. And we wonder why Cats fans get a bad name.

I think the majority of fans know we were going after Barton and wanted him pretty badly. There is no way EVERYONE is going to have that feeling. However, I think we might just recover and sign someone that is on the same level.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.