Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will and Antonio Barton To Memphis

Featured Replies

Tough loss, onto the next target, to act like we backed off or didn't need him is comical. Chalk it up as a loss and move on. Cal can't get every top recruit and everytime this happen we don't people making excuses when they have no idea really. And we wonder why Cats fans get a bad name.

 

No doubt. When you have great classes you run the risk of losing a few big prospects in the next class. With Wall and Cousins at #1 and #2 in a few sites, it would be comical to expect that we could end up with something like that every year. How often has that happened the last few years? Cal will bring in a good class but I would expect that UK will not have the #1 and 2 players next year this year.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following in the shoes of Wireman, I have now became a blogger. I kind of always wanted a sporting site I could control, just never knew it was easier than I thought. Thanks to technology and the wave trend of blogging, I am now sucked in and a victim. In no way am I trying to compete with Wireman or doing this because of him, but just for my love of sports and my want to write (blogg) my own topics. Wireman is good at what he does and what he bloggs, and if my site turns out 1/4 as good as his then I will be overly pleased.

 

Dun, dun, dun. :D

 

So with that said, here is a little piece I wrote on the Barton situation.

 

http://makavellisports.blogspot.com/

I am very disappointed this one got away from my beloved cats. However my first thought was "good for Memphis". Maybe Im going soft as I get older or maybe Im not really one of the 18%ers and just love college basketball.

^ Memphis needed a pick me up that's for sure. They got a good one, and it looks like Pastner will keep them at a very competitive level. If Williams gets qualified then next season they still won't be that bad (which is almost a shocker), and if he gets more guys like this for 2010 then watch out. What helps them out is having our old guy Glynn Cyprien tearing up the recruiting trail. He knows how to handle himself in the living room like Jerry Maguire and was a big piece of landing some of our recent recruits.

Wouldn't Kobe have to be dead before Barton could be Kobe Bryant reincarnated?

Yes:D

 

I meant be as good as Kobe was coming out of high school.

Maggard seems to be wrong a lot.

 

I suppose... I don't really have a dog in the fight and don't like Maggard more than anybody else... But nobody is singling out Jody Demling for saying just a couple of days ago that Barton would be the next Kentucky commit... So why does it matter that Maggard did it?

I suppose... I don't really have a dog in the fight and don't like Maggard more than anybody else... But nobody is singling out Jody Demling for saying just a couple of days ago that Barton would be the next Kentucky commit... So why does it matter that Maggard did it?

 

B/c Maggard is cocky and anybody who has conflicting info to his or a different opinion than him is dumb and can't be right. If they are right they got lucky and guessed b/c he was right at the time, but the situation changed.

B/c Maggard is cocky and anybody who has conflicting info to his or a different opinion than him is dumb and can't be right. If they are right they got lucky and guessed b/c he was right at the time, but the situation changed.

 

Whatever works... I'd rather Maggard be right and UK get the player than him be wrong so I could gloat about it.

Whatever works... I'd rather Maggard be right and UK get the player than him be wrong so I could gloat about it.

 

Who's gloating about Maggard being wrong? He's wrong a lot, but he's right a lot. Part of the reason is his site has every possible sceanrio covered by someone. I like TBK and think he does great work. I just don't like the way his message is delivered towards people who have a different opinion. He pounded some people for thinking Pilgrim won't go to the NBA. He just backtracks a lot and says it's fluid it changed. As far as this situation he never left the door open even when some people said there's a chance Barton was looking for a package deal.

Who's gloating about Maggard being wrong? He's wrong a lot, but he's right a lot. Part of the reason is his site has every possible sceanrio covered by someone. I like TBK and think he does great work. I just don't like the way his message is delivered towards people who have a different opinion. He pounded some people for thinking Pilgrim won't go to the NBA. He just backtracks a lot and says it's fluid it changed. As far as this situation he never left the door open even when some people said there's a chance Barton was looking for a package deal.

 

And he said he was wrong... So what do you want the guy to do? Apologize to you?

 

Seriously.. Maggard is cocky, but he's twice as cool towards me personally than Matt Jones is.

If I recall correctly Maggard stepped up to the plate with the Barton info after Kentucky Ink said that Barton was a likely commit. Not to be outdone, MM posted on free boards that he mentioned a while ago there would be a commit and it was likely Barton.

So both of those sites tried to outdo the other and in the end they were both wrong.

And he said he was wrong... So what do you want the guy to do? Apologize to you?

 

Seriously.. Maggard is cocky, but he's twice as cool towards me personally than Matt Jones is.

 

What are you talking about? I'm really lost. If you want to say how great he is and be one of the guys that sticks up for everything he says that's fine. I'm not going there. Where did your comment about an apology come from? All I'm saying is that he is wrong sometimes, and sometimes other people have info that ends up being correct that he destroys them for when it's different than his info. He has to admit he's wrong after the fact and he's so blatantly wrong. His site has great info, but they miss A LOT too. Like his info w/ the Calipari hire that they say they were first w/. Of course they were first b/c they had every scenario covered from BCG staying, to for sure Donovan, to Ford w/ in a week, to Calipari. Why bring up Matt Jones?

What are you talking about? I'm really lost. If you want to say how great he is and be one of the guys that sticks up for everything he says that's fine. I'm not going there. Where did your comment about an apology come from? All I'm saying is that he is wrong sometimes, and sometimes other people have info that ends up being correct that he destroys them for when it's different than his info. He has to admit he's wrong after the fact and he's so blatantly wrong. His site has great info, but they miss A LOT too. Like his info w/ the Calipari hire that they say they were first w/. Of course they were first b/c they had every scenario covered from BCG staying, to for sure Donovan, to Ford w/ in a week, to Calipari. Why bring up Matt Jones?

 

I didn't say he was great. I didn't stick up for anything he said.

 

He was wrong, he admitted to being wrong. What else could he do at that point that would have satisfied you? Just curious.

 

I bring up Matt Jones because he is another extremely cocky Kentucky basketball person.

 

I'm done thread jacking. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to continue this conversation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.