Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BCG files federal lawsuit against UKAA

Featured Replies

But it could be a LOT cheaper in the end, depending on the court findings!

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, nothing like winning the lottery and suing them for every dime if they don't pay, because you "abused" the ticket so much that all the numbers were not legible. This is truly an attorneys battle. Logic and common sense won't always apply. They will get into legal precidents and terms of agreement without a signed "paper trail". Now let's see how good the UKAA attorneys are at their jobs! IMHO. GO CATS!!
I like that analogy. :thumb:
Gee honey...if that busty blond haired gorgeous girl had not come along and talked to me I would not have cheated on you...but now that I did I am gonna sue her for being attractive and inticing me to go with her instead of remaining with you...especially after she found out I was not as good as advertised!

 

:clap:

:isurrender:Well........All I know is that the same people calling him a drunken bum and a hobo were the same people singing his praises less than 10 months ago...........

If you're too stupid to sign a contract that guarantees you 6 million if fired you deserve what you get.

Is anyone else worried that Gillispie has some dirt that he intends to spill in court?

I'm sure there will be mud being flung in both directions. The people on the front row of the court room will need goggles.

WKYT just announced that he sued the wrong organization. The UKAA has nothing to do with Gillispie's employment :lol:

Is anyone else worried that Gillispie has some dirt that he intends to spill in court?

 

YES! And with the stuff coming out of Memphis now UK doesn't need it! Just pay the man the 6 million and lets move on!

 

As I said in the other thread, others have said that Billy has a good attorney and im sure is advising him on what is the best thing to do. If there was a mistake on whom to sue then it's the attorney not Billy who made the mistake.

 

But again, just pay him the money and lets move on.

^ You act like six million is pocket change. The man deserves nothing. Wouldn't sign a contract that was presented to him six different times. He was paid for his time here that's all he deserves.

^ You act like six million is pocket change. The man deserves nothing. Wouldn't sign a contract that was presented to him six different times. He was paid for his time here that's all he deserves.

For UK? Yes it is! As was stated in another thread, tOSU in the past tried to say that a MOU was not a contract, tOSU lost the case and had to pay the money.

 

Who has more to lose? Billy or UK? I say UK! People better hope that anyone at UK did not do ANYTHING wrong while Billy was here, or it will come out in a court case. Heck, he could say that he did something wrong, who then gets the penalty and the black eye? UK!

 

With all that UK will go through with the whole Memphis/NCAA stuff going on now, UK does NOT need any bad publicity from it's athletic department, past or present. (Not getting on Barnhart myself) But he sort of mislead everyone by saying he talked to Mr Price at the NCAA, and that he was told by Mr Price that Cal was clean. But no one at UK ever spoke to Mr Price. I bring that up as at least some in the press will have a field day over Barnhart's comment.

 

UK will get thrown around in the mud over this whole Memphis stuff, wrong or right, it does not need to be fighting battles on two fronts.

These days six million isn't pocket change to anyone other than an Exxon exec. I sat in a room when UK fired 11 workers no notice, nothing. I agree fighting battles on two fronts doesn't look good but if it can save you 3 or 4 million I say fight the fight.

Is anyone else worried that Gillispie has some dirt that he intends to spill in court?
Possibly. But I assume, while this is a messy divorce, BCG does not want to run the risk as coming off as a snitch that is willing to burn every single bridge when he leaves town. I assume he still wants to coach again.
^ You act like six million is pocket change. The man deserves nothing. Wouldn't sign a contract that was presented to him six different times. He was paid for his time here that's all he deserves.

 

I don't know the details but I have heard others say that BCG said he wouldn't agree to certain restrictions that MB and LT wanted to put in the contract. So is presenting a contract that you know someone won't sign concidered to be negotiating in good faith.

 

 

These days six million isn't pocket change to anyone other than an Exxon exec. I sat in a room when UK fired 11 workers no notice, nothing. I agree fighting battles on two fronts doesn't look good but if it can save you 3 or 4 million I say fight the fight.

 

I'm assuming the 11 workers weren't under contract. To the best of my knowledge a MOA is concidered to be a contract. We'll find out in court.

 

It is funny to me, how in the beginning when it was brought up in the media that BCG hadn't signed a contract, UK came out and said there nothing to worry about, that the MOA was a contract.

I don't know the details but I have heard others say that BCG said he wouldn't agree to certain restrictions that MB and LT wanted to put in the contract. So is presenting a contract that you know someone won't sign concidered to be negotiating in good faith.

 

I'm assuming the 11 workers weren't under contract. To the best of my knowledge a MOA is concidered to be a contract. We'll find out in court.

 

It is funny to me, how in the beginning when it was brought up in the media that BCG hadn't signed a contract, UK came out and said there nothing to worry about, that the MOA was a contract.

 

Apparently, according to KY state law, this could be considered nothing more than a year to year contract. BCG declined 6 different version, 2 by mail and the rest with a counteroffer of his own. If there were certain morals clauses or other items UK could not do a contract without, then they should not give ground. However, I blame both sides for not having these understandings ironed out ahead of time. I think it will ultimately be settled for less than the $6 million BCG claims he is owed and the $0 that UK claims they owe him. It is funny that he filed his suit in Texas when the contract dispute was in KY and he still lives in KY.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.