Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall -v- Derrick Rose

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rose. More physically ready at the same stage. The rest of their skill sets are very similar, so that pushes Rose over the top...

Derrick Rose at any point in time.

 

I thought he was the best player in his class his senior year of high school, I thought he was great in college and would make the easiest transition to the NBA, and he won Rookie of the year.

 

Wall is a great player and I think he's the best in this class like Rose was. But, I feel that Rose's class was stronger. You had Mayo, Love, Beasley, Gordon it was a great class, I just think this class, overall seems average. I love Wall, but I think Rose is almost in the same class with Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

Rose is already showing that he can excel at the collegiate and now the NBA level. It is believed by many that Wall can, but until he actually plays at the collegiate level, it is hard to compare. I think Rose definitely has the edge.

 

One thing I like about both is that they can really break a defense down in a hurry.

I'll take Wall due to the fact that he is a better shooter than Rose was at this point.

I'll take Wall due to the fact that he is a better shooter than Rose was at this point.

Both are below average, so not much of a separation there...

Both are below average, so not much of a separation there...
To me, the only reason someone could pick Wall over Rose is the one I listed.

Are we talking right now, or when Rose was Wall's age?

 

Either way, I think the answer is Rose. Simply because what Rose has done.

I just don't think they are hardly as similar as a lot of people are saying. Don't get me wrong they have similar capabilities and play similar, but I think Wall is a little longer while Rose is not hardly as big, but is built stronger IMO. That is simply judging by seeing Wall in all star games and having watched Rose. Its hard to take Wall at this point because he hasn't proven or done anything yet at the college level.

I believe Wall is faster in transition with the basketball. Can't finish like Rose. I'd take Rose simply because Koun Dog took Wall.

Wall plays for UK so I will take him. A better question is Rose or Rondo?

 

Rose over Wall.

Rose over Rondo

Rose over Wall.

Rose over Rondo

 

I would agree with that... If Wall is even in the same ball park as Rose I'll look forward to watching him at UK...

I'd go with Rose at this point simply because he's proven himself at two levels, while Wall has yet to play his first game in college.

 

I do agree with GT's initial comment though in that Rose was physically ready. Wall looks more like a skinny high school kid that needs to get stronger.

 

Wall reminds me more of Kobe and KG when they first came to the NBA. Rose was more like Lebron (obviously not Lebron, but you get the point).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.