Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Preakness

Featured Replies

I'm going to pull for Mind the Bird, and Generals Quarters.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has a jockey ever won all 3 TC races on different horses in the same year?

I am one of these guys that says phillies should race phillies...

 

that being said, I'm taking Rachel Alexandria on my ticket.

 

I'm also buying Mine tha Bird to win and hoping for the Triple Crown possibility going into Belmont.

Mine That Bird makes a run at it, but has too much traffic in the way, finishes second. If it had been the Derby length (another half furlong), Mine That Bird might have caught Rachel Alexandra.

What a filly! Borel really knows his stuff. Looking forward to the Belmont.

Did you see the run that Mine That Bird made? :eek: Jeez, it's a good thing Rachel Alexandra is a heckuva filly, cuz he almost did it again.

MTB might get up for the win if there is another .5 furlongs to run, and will be a much shorter price and possibly the favorite in the Belmont if he runs. Glad I boxed em. 2/3/9/13. Thought I was going to be mad at myself for throwing out Friesan Fire, but after watching his Derby replay again, he did not have that awful of a trip, just does not seem to like more than 8 furlongs. PON just caught way to wide the whole trip and is a step below the top horses.

Mine That Bird makes a run at it, but has too much traffic in the way, finishes second. If it had been the Derby length (another half furlong), Mine That Bird might have caught Rachel Alexandra.

 

I agree.:thumb:

Scary to think that if the filly does not change owners and the connections of MTB and PON decided against filling the field to block the supplemental nomination of RA, we could be looking at a legit triple crown winner that cost $9500... MTB looked he could have easily run another 2 furlongs even with the wide trip.

I don't think MTB had a wide trip, I thought he just had to swing out in the stretch. I thought he was on the rail most of the race but I could be wrong. Still, he did look like he could run all day.

I wish MTB would have won. I didn't watch it live, but saw it online and that was fun to watch.

I don't think MTB had a wide trip, I thought he just had to swing out in the stretch. I thought he was on the rail most of the race but I could be wrong. Still, he did look like he could run all day.

 

Agreed, after watching the replay, he was in the 1 or 2 slot through the first turn. He was forced wide though into the second turn. Was in the 3 or 4 slot once he started passing horses in the second turn and was 5 wide at the top of the stretch.

 

Also after watching the replay, another half a furlong and MTB wins by at least half a length. If he runs like he did today, he wins the Belmont.

Agreed, after watching the replay, he was in the 1 or 2 slot through the first turn. He was forced wide though into the second turn. Was in the 3 or 4 slot once he started passing horses in the second turn and was 5 wide at the top of the stretch.

 

Also after watching the replay, another half a furlong and MTB wins by at least half a length. If he runs like he did today, he wins the Belmont.

 

He's bred for 1.5 miles. His sire (Birdstone) ruined a Triple Crown bid for somebody a few years ago. Smarty Jones, maybe????

Would have liked to have seen anybody but Rachel Alexandra win today. I'm not a Borel fan.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.