May 17, 200917 yr He's bred for 1.5 miles. His sire (Birdstone) ruined a Triple Crown bid for somebody a few years ago. Smarty Jones, maybe???? Would have liked to have seen anybody but Rachel Alexandra win today. I'm not a Borel fan. Agreed! As well as his grandsire Grindstone.
May 17, 200917 yr I had a 4 horse exacta box with RA, POTN, FF and Musket. I thought I had ended my losing ways until MTB did what he does best.
May 17, 200917 yr He's bred for 1.5 miles. His sire (Birdstone) ruined a Triple Crown bid for somebody a few years ago. Smarty Jones, maybe???? Would have liked to have seen anybody but Rachel Alexandra win today. I'm not a Borel fan. What'd he do? Cost you some money a while back with a bad ride?
May 17, 200917 yr That exacta couldn't have paid much at all did it? I've been baseballing all day and missed it. I would have thrown the farm on R.A. and if I was doing an exacta or tri I would have boxed R.A. and MTB with somebody with odds. Couldn't have paid much though.
May 17, 200917 yr What'd he do? Cost you some money a while back with a bad ride? As I've said before, to me he's horse racings T.O. EVERY race he wins, he acts likes its the Derby! I have no problem with a fist pump after the Derby or a shake of the whip, but this guy goes crazy! The thing that really gets under my skin about him is that he does the same thing after winning a $5000 claimer at Turfway! I just wish that he would act like he's been there before. If you want to see what I'm talking about watch his ride(s) in the last 1/16 of the Oaks and Derby. It's like he needs to remind us that he is on the best filly in the Oaks and that he made an awesome move in the Derby. I just felt like saying, "Hey Clavin, we can see!" :irked:
May 17, 200917 yr Thought it was interesting yesterday when the commentators were talking about Cal Ripken betting MTB in the Derby. Same first name as the jockey, played for the birds and he wore number 8. They didn't say how much he bet. Nice hunch bet there.
May 17, 200917 yr As I've said before, to me he's horse racings T.O. EVERY race he wins, he acts likes its the Derby! I have no problem with a fist pump after the Derby or a shake of the whip, but this guy goes crazy! The thing that really gets under my skin about him is that he does the same thing after winning a $5000 claimer at Turfway! I just wish that he would act like he's been there before. If you want to see what I'm talking about watch his ride(s) in the last 1/16 of the Oaks and Derby. It's like he needs to remind us that he is on the best filly in the Oaks and that he made an awesome move in the Derby. I just felt like saying, "Hey Clavin, we can see!" :irked: I am glad he celebrates horse racing that way..it's different than football....Calvin's life was in shambles, now he has Jesus, and things are awesome....I am quite sure at 42 (ish?) he realizes that these things are precious, then we're gone. I say God Bless, and carry on.
May 17, 200917 yr I will never bet on Fresian Fire again.....that sucked. MTB is legit. If I were Jess Jackson, I wouldn't run RA in the Belmont, she'll lose. One thing that amazes me, is that the Derby and the Preakness were both very slow paces in the first half (the Derby, makes sense).....that will only help MTB to run hard late. Someone might throw a speedy front runner in the Belmont, only to quicken the pace and get rid of MTB. He went from fluke to a household name, and now he seems legit.....if he can beat RA in the Travers....this thing could get crazy come Classic time.... Borel now has won three straight GI races....he has a chance to win all three Triple Crown races, how crazy is that?
May 17, 200917 yr I am glad he celebrates horse racing that way..it's different than football....Calvin's life was in shambles, now he has Jesus, and things are awesome....I am quite sure at 42 (ish?) he realizes that these things are precious, then we're gone. I say God Bless, and carry on. How was his life in shambles? Drugs? Alcohol? I never heard that before, granted I'm not a big follower of horse racing.
May 18, 200917 yr I am glad he celebrates horse racing that way..it's different than football....Calvin's life was in shambles, now he has Jesus, and things are awesome....I am quite sure at 42 (ish?) he realizes that these things are precious, then we're gone. I say God Bless, and carry on. He is now a multi-millionaire, which is great. I just hope he's helping those who helped him. Like I said, I have no problem with celebrating an Oaks, Derby or Preakness win (although I'd like for him to do it after the line), but it's those races on Thursday afternoon at Turfway Park that I wish he'd cut it out.
May 18, 200917 yr ^ I can buy that....but wins are still a nice commodity...and he's not dis-respecting folks, at least I don't think. D.W. Lukas has stated he's a rare breed, in that, as a top rider, he still shows up early looking for mounts....
May 18, 200917 yr Looks like Borel might have a chance at his own version of the triple crown if RA skips the Belmont. Mike Smith has a prior commitment that day and has told them he won't ride MTB.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.