Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-time UK Recruiting Classes

Featured Replies

With all the talk of this recruiting class and the 5-star recruits I thought it would be fun and a challenge to list your favorite recruiting class. Now this class currently is ranked on high school and what if's. My No. 1 recruiting class would be the 74-75 class of Robey, Phillips, Givens, Lee. Number 2 would be Grevey, Steele, Connor, Guyette. I know the 96', 97', 98' had good ballplayers, but for having 4 or 5 star recruits they all have their plus and minuses but I'll take these 2 classes over them. IMVHO!

The class with Tony Delk, Roderick Rhodes, Walter McCarty, and Jared Prickett was a great class that accomplished a lot at UK.

Issel, Pratt, Casey

  • Author
Issel, Pratt, Casey

 

They were a very, very close third on my list.

  • Author
Issel, Pratt, Casey

 

I think Tom Parker would go that list too.

I think Tom Parker would go that list too.

 

I am old enough. :D

I'm drawing a blank right now, but didn't Kentucky land the Mr. Basketball from Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio and Illinois in one season? Was that when Issel came? Somebody help!

  • Author
I'm drawing a blank right now, but didn't Kentucky land the Mr. Basketball from Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio and Illinois in one season? Was that when Issel came? Somebody help!

 

Issel was from Illinois, Derek Hord was Mr. Basketball in Tennessee, I think Grevey won the honors from Ohio.

I'm drawing a blank right now, but didn't Kentucky land the Mr. Basketball from Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio and Illinois in one season? Was that when Issel came? Somebody help!

 

 

I know that Issel was Illinois, Pratt was from Ohio, and Casey was from KY. I am not sure about who all else was in that class, as they were of course the figure heads.

 

Also what about Manuel, Kemp, Woods, Mills ect :) haha Too bad they got caught, we were fixing to be loaded.

Morris

Crawford

Bradley

Rondo

 

At least coming out of HS that was a pretty highly rated group.

I know that Issel was Illinois, Pratt was from Ohio, and Casey was from KY. I am not sure about who all else was in that class, as they were of course the figure heads.

 

Also what about Manuel, Kemp, Woods, Mills ect :) haha Too bad they got caught, we were fixing to be loaded.

 

 

Manuel was not in the class with Kemp and Mills.

 

Manuel was in the same class with Leron Ellis, Pelphrey, Feldhouse etc.

 

The class of Bowie, Hord, Hurt, Minnefield was pretty special.

 

James Blackman and Winston Bennett were both top 5 prospects coming out of high school.

 

Kenny Walker, Todd May, and Roger Harden had star power. May reportedly was the best of the bunch.

 

But if UK lands Wall I think this one is the best/deepest class ever at UK. Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, Orton, Hood, and Dobson that is special.

I don't take much stock in these, but it's always fun to looks at....

 

 

UK class # 1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.