Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Numbers Game with schollys

Featured Replies

With recruiting season almost over now, (Wall Wars the Saga Continues), how will the scholarship situation work out?

 

UK will have as of right now....

 

Freshmen

Orton

Bledsoe

Cousins

Hood

Dodson

 

Sophomores

Liggins

Miller

Pilgrim

 

Juniors

Patterson*

Stewart

Harrleson

 

Seniors

Meeks*

Harris

Stevenson

Galloway

 

That's 15 with maybe one more to add to the list.

If Patterson does not return were down to 14,

If Meeks does not return as well were down to 13,

If both stay, (which appears more than likely) were are back to 15,

and if Wall comes we are at 16.

 

If Pat and Jodie both come back, who looses their ride?

If both come back and we add Wall, who looses their ride?

 

Anybody looking to pay their own way?

Anybody else looking to leave?

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Assuming both Patterson and Meeks come back, I would say that the players leaving would most likely go in this order:

 

Stewart

Liggins

Harrellson

 

There has been some rumors that Harris may not play next year considering all the health problems he faced this past season. I can't say that is entirely true, but it sounds possible.

  • Author
You left out Galloway who will be a senior.

thanks, I fixed it.

Pilgrim will be a JR. He played 2 years at Hampton.

  • Author
Pilgrim will be a JR. He played 2 years at Hampton.

 

I thought he was a red shirt soph this year with three to go, I could be wrong. Any ideas on how this will all work out.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

This is what I would want, being selfish I know.

 

 

Wall - UK

 

Harrelson - Transfer

Galloway - Pay Tuition

Harris - Pay Tuition

 

Regardless, I hope UK can keep Liggins and Stewart.

Harris has his scholly, per agreement by Lee Todd and Coach Cal, so he paying his way is not a solution.

 

It has long been rumored that Stewart would transfer, so I would bet that might happen at the end of the semester.

 

Maybe Harrelson or Liggins also could transfer. Liggins was a Memphis recruit, I know he has academic issues, but I think he stays if he can make the grade!

 

I could easily see one or two kids getting their tuition paid thru grants possibly.

1. Stewart will not get any playing time if he stays, he cannot handle the ball and does not know how to play defense.......likely gone.

2. Harrelson will be shown the light..........that he will be behind Patterson, Stevenson, Orton, Cousins & Pilgrim for PT at the #4 & #5 spots.......gone

3. Galloway and Liggins will both likely leave if Wall signs, one or both may stay if he does not, although Liggins could be an academic casualty.

I really think that Galloway and Liggins could flourish in Cal's system... Harrelson and Stewart, I could see leaving. But I don't know about the other two.

1. Stewart will not get any playing time if he stays, he cannot handle the ball and does not know how to play defense.......likely gone.

2. Harrelson will be shown the light..........that he will be behind Patterson, Stevenson, Orton, Cousins & Pilgrim for PT at the #4 & #5 spots.......gone

3. Galloway and Liggins will both likely leave if Wall signs, one or both may stay if he does not, although Liggins could be an academic casualty.

 

Harrelson and Stewart should be gone. See if any of the other players qualify for financial aid like Galloway, Stevenson or anyone one really. Don't do it disrespectfully, just find a way to make this team better and keep everyone.

 

I do not want Galloway or Liggins to leave. If Wall doesn't come I could see one of the two thriving in this system and starting over Bledsoe.

I think Galloway, Liggins, and Stewart all fit Cal's system.

 

Stewart showed he could play some outside, but BCG wanted him to be a post guy (ala Tubby and Woo).

 

Galloway will be a senior so I don't see him leaving.

 

Harrellson seems to be the worst fit, but keeps saying he wants to stay (maybe on his own dime?).

 

Liggins/Stewart both seem fairly likely to leave.

I thought he was a red shirt soph this year with three to go, I could be wrong. Any ideas on how this will all work out.

 

I heard the same thing. This is the first I've heard about Matt playing 2 years.

Would Hood be eligible for an academic scholarship, or another form of financial aid a la Marquis Estill? I know he played at least one year and maybe two without an athletic scholarship.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.