Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best PG next year?

Featured Replies

IMO: You can add Kellen Smith of Scott to the list. This kid has all the PG tools and really came on at the end of season last year.

 

IMO: he could possibly be the best PG in NKY next year.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Justice but everyone mentioned are good gaurds.

IMO: You can add Kellen Smith of Scott to the list. This kid has all the PG tools and really came on at the end of season last year.

 

IMO: he could possibly be the best PG in NKY next year.

 

Kellen is a very good point guard. Assists and points. How can you go wrong?

IMO: You can add Kellen Smith of Scott to the list. This kid has all the PG tools and really came on at the end of season last year.

 

IMO: he could possibly be the best PG in NKY next year.

 

I think there is going to be a lot of competition for this spot next season. Some real solid young junior (to be) PG's in NKY. But, from what i've heard and the little i've seen I would add him to the list of good young PG's. I look forward to seeing him and the others more often.

I came away impressed with Smith from Scott.

Ricardo Johnson will be the best point guard next year if thats the position he plays.

Elisha Justice is real good too.

IMO: You can add Kellen Smith of Scott to the list. This kid has all the PG tools and really came on at the end of season last year.

 

IMO: he could possibly be the best PG in NKY next year.

 

Have to agree. He's also only a junior next season.

Sean Samsel a junior at duPont Manual should be listed in this group at PG.

Last year he averaged 5 assists per game and a shade over 12 points per game. He shot over 40% from the three in his sophomore and Junior year.

 

Some of you saw him play at the Lexington Catholic Holiday Tourney last year.

Ricardo Johnson will be the best point guard next year if thats the position he plays.

Elisha Justice is real good too.

 

I still don't consider Rico a pure point guard who penetrates and gets a lot of assists.

I still don't consider Rico a pure point guard who penetrates and gets a lot of assists.

 

 

I'm not sure who will run the point for Holmes next year, but I don't believe Johnson will be their primary PG. As of right now, I would guess Pierre Mayfield has the best chance to replace Riley. Yes, Ricardo Johnson will play some point, but imo, probably the same role as last year.

 

As far as other PG's around the State, I did get to see Polson and Justice in the sweet 16 and liked both alot, with a slight edge to Justice. Haven't got to see Kellen Smith play yet, but will make it a priority next year.

 

Almost forgot, doesn't Lexington Catholic have young PG who was pretty darn good, and Lou. Cental as well? Their names escape me right now.

Edited by Baseballguy

I still don't consider Rico a pure point guard who penetrates and gets a lot of assists.

 

I don't really either, but he did lead his team in assists and he is the best player in the state next year. So what ever position he plays Which could be all 5 if he has to, he will be the best at!

Blake Bryan from Villa did well for us last weekend in his first week back this spring/summer. Sure would like to see what he could do on one of the bigger/ better teams in the NKY.

Johnston, Grayson County is as good as anyone.

Kellen Smith will be the best true PG in NKY next year.

Kellen Smith will be the best true PG in NKY next year.

 

Possibly. I think there will be a lot of competition at this spot for "the best." Also what do you consider NKY. Some people would consider Mason County NKY. If so, Jordan Gilbert will be awfully good in my opinion. Also, when you talk about "true" PG, I think that Jake Flesch of Connor, and possibly Brandon Hatton of Dixie. If Matt Trammel plays the PG for Dixie, then he will be up there too. Most consider Mikey Gabbard as a really good PG as well. If Rico plays the PG, you have to look at him too. But, since you said "true," we'll talk about all these other guys. Should be interesting. Very exciting to watch next season. There are a lot of young men to keep an eye on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.