Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best PG next year?

Featured Replies

Statewide I will go with Justice and Polson and if Rico plays primarily point I would include him as well.

 

In Northern Kentucky I will go with Gabbard, Smith and Pangallo.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will be the point at Holmes next season with Riley departing?

Who will be the point at Holmes next season with Riley departing?

 

Rico will likely be the main pg, but Mayfield, Herndon, and JJ will all bring the ball up and start the offense as well.

Blake Bryan from Villa did well for us last weekend in his first week back this spring/summer. Sure would like to see what he could do on one of the bigger/ better teams in the NKY.

 

Good little guard, but did not have a good game when I saw him play against Shining Stars Blue this past weekend. I think he had 6. I think there are several guards in NKY as good or better than him. I think he might start on all NKY teams except Holmes, Boone, and Highlands.

As far as NKY goes, my vote goes out to Kellen Smith

Good little guard, but did not have a good game when I saw him play against Shining Stars Blue this past weekend. I think he had 6. I think there are several guards in NKY as good or better than him. I think he might start on all NKY teams except Holmes, Boone, and Highlands.

 

I agree with you on this subject. I saw him play this weekend at the Royals tournament and his offense was solid, but the defense seemed to lack a bit. There is no doubt though that the kid can score a bit.

As far as NKY goes, my vote goes out to Kellen Smith

 

Why? And, over every other guard in NKY, or just his age group?

Why? And, over every other guard in NKY, or just his age group?

 

 

I like Gabbard as the top PG in N Ky next year with his experience as a senior but Smith is just behind him.

 

Smith has legit size at 6' and is very athletic. Handles the ball with confidence and is probably the best passing PG in N Ky. Good first step and gets to the rim and finishes with either hand in traffic. Shoots the 3 as well as any PG in N Ky and rarely takes a bad shot. Led N Ky in assists by a wide margin and was also second in steals to McFarland.

 

In his class in N Ky only Trammel is in the conversation. I really like Trammel's game but I do not get to see Trammel as much.

Why? And, over every other guard in NKY, or just his age group?

 

Doesn't sound like you followed him too much last season. He had a GREAT sophomore season. He led all of NKY in assists and was one of the tops in scoring I believe too. Good stroke from 3 point land and can take people off the dribble. He had a great games against big time competition last year including a great one against Holmes where they lost by 1 to the state champs in overtime...

Doesn't sound like you followed him too much last season. He had a GREAT sophomore season. He led all of NKY in assists and was one of the tops in scoring I believe too. Good stroke from 3 point land and can take people off the dribble. He had a great games against big time competition last year including a great one against Holmes where they lost by 1 to the state champs in overtime...

 

I agree, all though I haven't seen him play yet, have only heard positive things about his game. I wonder how often he thinks about that missed FT in that big game against the State Champs? If he's the competivive player I think he is, he's probably shot 10,000 ft's since then.

Easily Justice, IMO.

 

I agree, but if Ricardo Johnson moves to Point Guard he will be the best point guard in the state, along with being the best player.

Simon Kenton has a young point guard that is going to be very impressive next year. Cody Chambers. I think he has the opportunity to be very special.

Doesn't sound like you followed him too much last season. He had a GREAT sophomore season. He led all of NKY in assists and was one of the tops in scoring I believe too. Good stroke from 3 point land and can take people off the dribble. He had a great games against big time competition last year including a great one against Holmes where they lost by 1 to the state champs in overtime...

 

You are right in stating I didn't follow him much last year. From what I have heard, it's all good things about this kid.

 

I was just curious as to why you liked him so much and why you say he will be the best in NKY. Especially since your talking about Gabbard and Johnson who I did follow last year and were both pretty darn good last year. Not to mention they have a year of experience on Smith.

 

I look forward to watching him all summer and next year.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

You are right in stating I didn't follow him much last year. From what I have heard, it's all good things about this kid.

 

I was just curious as to why you liked him so much and why you say he will be the best in NKY. Especially since your talking about Gabbard and Johnson who I did follow last year and were both pretty darn good last year. Not to mention they have a year of experience on Smith.

 

I look forward to watching him all summer and next year.

 

Each has the same experience as the other as Kellen has been playing Varsity since his freshman year so next year will be his 3rd go around so he has plenty of experience and just as much as Gabbard and Johnson. They are also extremely good as well I'm not denying that. Smith had a phenomenal year last year and had big games against top teams like Holmes, Corbin, South Laurel, etc etc. When a sophomore leads all of NKY in assists and is also one of the tops in scoring on a 20-win team, you know the player is good and is just as good as Johnson and Gabbard.

Each has the same experience as the other as Kellen has been playing Varsity since his freshman year so next year will be his 3rd go around so he has plenty of experience and just as much as Gabbard and Johnson. They are also extremely good as well I'm not denying that. Smith had a phenomenal year last year and had big games against top teams like Holmes, Corbin, South Laurel, etc etc. When a sophomore leads all of NKY in assists and is also one of the tops in scoring on a 20-win team, you know the player is good and is just as good as Johnson and Gabbard.

 

Smith is hands down the best sophomore in nky at the pg position, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's as good as Johnson. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill considering Johnson's accomplishments so far. (Honorable mention all state as soph, sweet 16 all tourney team as soph, first team all state as junior, sweet 16 mvp as junior, and already has a D1 offer)

 

When comparing the two, Smith's all around game is no where near the level of Johnson's yet. He doesn't have the ability to consistently take over on both ends of the floor yet like Johnson does. I will say though, that I think Smith's on par with, if not better, than Gabbard.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.