Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best PG next year?

Featured Replies

Justice fits the mold of what I would call a true point guard; the best I saw last year.

 

I think that Jordan Gilbert of Mason County is poised to have a breakout season.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elisha Justice no questions asked, been watching him on the AAU circuit this year and the kid is as smooth as they come. He might be a little undersized but he has got some handles and alot of basketball IQ. Reminds me alot of Ethan Faulkner, the kid can flat out run a team

Hall is a very nice player. I really like the way he plays. But would you consider him a PG? It seems like last year he played both for Franklin Co. splitting time at the point with Meyer.
Vance Hall is a point guard. He continues to improve and has been an iron man this summer for Franklin County. He has taken his athleticism to a different level this summer through brutal workouts with a personal trainer. No player from J town or PRP could handle him in recent summer games. He is very very strong. He posterized one of the J Town players and pretty much won the game single handidly. In trying to stop Hall one of the J-Town players tried to intimidate Hall by resorting to trash talk and jersey grabbing. Hall simply shook the kid off like a ragdoll.

 

He can get to the rim almost at will and has a repertoire of deceptive moves. The addition of an effective pull up jumper and the ability to shoot the three make him one of the top point guards in the 11th region this year in my opinion.

 

His added strength is immediately noticeable when you see him on the floor and he is a solid 6"3" pushing 6"4". He is a very good ball handler and has pretty much been a one man press breaker this summer.

 

Most on this site probably will say that I am blowing smoke, but I'm tellin ya, this kid is for real.

Justice fits the mold of what I would call a true point guard; the best I saw last year.

 

I think that Jordan Gilbert of Mason County is poised to have a breakout season.

 

I agree with you about Gilbert. He is quick, sees the floor well, has good penetration, can shoot the ball, and is a solid leader. He will have to be able to defend a lot of good PG's. He should have a good season and I hope he does.

Justice fits the mold of what I would call a true point guard; the best I saw last year.

 

I think that Jordan Gilbert of Mason County is poised to have a breakout season.

 

He's had a real good Summer so far Papa.

Agree about the role of a PG. They can score but they should lead the team - be the floor general. Beckham does that, Justice does that and Fucci does that. I haven't seen it from Jackson. He does possess a lot of the intangibles but he isn't a strong leader all the time. If you haven't seen Fucci play, get out to see him over the next 6 weeks. He really can do it all - shoot, defend, drive, distribute, lead, create, rebound, dunk and whatever else you need. He can score 40 or 8, depending on what his team needs in a game. It will be interesting to see some of these guys develop over the next year or so.

I agree with you to a point, but Fucci has the luxuary of having Barksdale on the floor at the same time big advantage. Barksdale may be making him better. Polson does not have that quality of player on his team to help him and he still have a very strong showing all last season all the way through their performance in the sweet 16. Not taking anything away from Fucci, but he was hurt some last year and I seen the TC - SC game over xmas, TC is Barksdale's team. SC won the game but he kept them in it. With that being said i do think that Fucci is one of the Top PG's this year, hard to say who the best is.

Jaylen Beckhad

Elijah Justice

Chad Jackson

 

 

Beckham I meant, sorry for the type-o

Elisha Justice will carry Shelby Valley to the state tournament yet again. He is a great player who will only get better. Expect great things from him this season!

Gilbert is playing with the Ice for the Jam Fest in WV and for AAU Nationals. He will be a great addition for that squad.

Gilbert is playing with the Ice for the Jam Fest in WV and for AAU Nationals. He will be a great addition for that squad.

 

I am assuming that you mean Jordan Gilbert and I thought he was leaving the Shining Stars program for football.

I am assuming that you mean Jordan Gilbert and I thought he was leaving the Shining Stars program for football.

 

This is exactly what I have heard as well. Leaving basketball for the summer for football.

Hopefully you all saw the AAU tournament this weekend because Ryan Fucci carried the Tates Creek team to the championship. Barksdale was hurt. He is very good but he doesn't make that team what it is.

Hopefully you all saw the AAU tournament this weekend because Ryan Fucci carried the Tates Creek team to the championship. Barksdale was hurt. He is very good but he doesn't make that team what it is.

 

I have seen both Barksdale and Fucci play several times over the years and I would have to agree with you. Don't get me wrong Creek suffers if they loose either player, but Mr. Fucci is a man among boys on floor. His basketbal IQ and court vision are off the charts. Couple this with his tremendous athletic abilty and you have a player that can take over every game he plays in. I have always been a Lexington ICE fan and I really enjoy watching this kid play.

Gilbert will be a solid pg, but best in the state is a stretch IMO. Also, I agree with FANOFTHE11th, Vance Hall needs to start getting some recognition, he just might be the best PG in the state. Very good.

I have seen both Barksdale and Fucci play several times over the years and I would have to agree with you. Don't get me wrong Creek suffers if they loose either player, but Mr. Fucci is a man among boys on floor. His basketbal IQ and court vision are off the charts. Couple this with his tremendous athletic abilty and you have a player that can take over every game he plays in. I have always been a Lexington ICE fan and I really enjoy watching this kid play.
I agree with most of what the two of you are suggesting. And I did happen to watch Fucci play this past weekend, no doubt he is one of the best PG and players this year. He will still look even better with Barksdale back on the floor. The reason I said that TC was Barksdale's team was that he carried them when Fucci was out last year and IMO he is more of an offensive threat. From the stand point of him being the PG he is an outstanding floor general.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.