Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best PG next year?

Featured Replies

  • Author
I hear Vance Hall from Franklin County is making a little noise these days. He is a solid 6'3" now and might be pushing 6'4". Hear he put up 23 in a recent game where top juniors from around the state were invited (a performance that caught Murray State's interest). Also heard he dunked on a couple of guys in a recent AAU game.

 

I'm just incredulous that Bolus or any of these other ranking gurus don't have him on their radar screen.

 

Hall is a very nice player. I really like the way he plays. But would you consider him a PG? It seems like last year he played both for Franklin Co. splitting time at the point with Meyer.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hall is a very nice player. I really like the way he plays. But would you consider him a PG? It seems like last year he played both for Franklin Co. splitting time at the point with Meyer.
He has played mostly point since 6th grade, although he did split time with Meyer last season. The rating gurus may not have him on there radar but I know for a fact that several d1's have him on their radar.
I agree with you on this subject. I saw him play this weekend at the Royals tournament and his offense was solid, but the defense seemed to lack a bit. There is no doubt though that the kid can score a bit.

 

Scoring is his strength, but I think he only had 6 in the game I saw. He was defended pretty well.

I'm going to have to give my vote to Ryan Fucci out of Tates Creek as the states best point guard

I'm going to have to give my vote to Ryan Fucci out of Tates Creek as the states best point guard

 

I'll second that. I love his game.

I'm going to have to give my vote to Ryan Fucci out of Tates Creek as the states best point guard

 

I want to see this kid play. Havent had an opportunity, but I hear he is a very nice player.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Sean Samsel 6' PG from Manual will end up on the list as one of the best point guards in Ky next year.

 

Last year in the KOB he made the all tourney team and had the 2nd most assists in the tourney behind Peyton Siva. He was MVP of his game at the Bill Kightly hoop fest against Montgomery county. He averaged 5 assists per game last year and over 12 points per game. He shot over 40% from the three his sophomore and Junior year. This kid sees the floor extremely well and gets the ball to the open man. The kid is quick and can knock down the open shot.

 

On Demlings blog I see where he hit 22 0f 29 threes in a 3 game swing last weekend in Cincinnati. Wow 75% from the three point line. He hit 8 of those threes against the KY players which had the kids from Holmes on their team(Pitman and Johnson).

I agree, I am sure at times we will be seeing him play point and the 2 spot. With Travis Pervis back we won't need him on the wing.

 

Just for future and for the home town boys, his name is Purvis. Hopefully, college coaches will know it well soon.

I'll second that. I love his game.

 

I'd take Fucci before any of these other guys. He makes his teammates better, he can score from anywhere, defend very well, sees the floor better than just about anyone and he competes as hard as anyone.

I am going to say Jackson from SC on this for the next season. I know that now he might now be there, but give him time and he will be top 10 in the nation in the positions 1-3. He can play all 3 depending on the school he goes to. But all is likely to how he does over the summer and fall! Also what about Connor Jeffries from Henry County from the 8th, he has the chance to be the best guard in the region. I am not saying this boy is the best, but he should get mentioned!:laugh:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I am going to say Jackson from SC on this for the next season. I know that now he might now be there, but give him time and he will be top 10 in the nation in the positions 1-3. He can play all 3 depending on the school he goes to. But all is likely to how he does over the summer and fall! Also what about Connor Jeffries from henry county from the 8th, he has the chance to be the best guard in the region. I am not saying this boy is the best, but he should get mentioned!:laugh:

 

I absolutely agree with you that Jackson is a great player, maybe one of the better players in the state. But, I wouldnt go as far as to put him at top 10 in the NATION. The kid can play ball, no doubt about that, but for me, top 10 in the nation is a little high. He would definitely make the top 50, and maybe the top 40.

I'd take Fucci before any of these other guys. He makes his teammates better, he can score from anywhere, defend very well, sees the floor better than just about anyone and he competes as hard as anyone.

 

I believe Fucci has been the best point guard in the class of 2011 in Ky for a couple of years and is a top 5 player in this class.

Jackson turns the ball over too much right now to be considered the best point guard in the state. He has a little of Liggins in him in that he makes a good play one possession and then turns the ball over the next possession.

  • Author
Jackson turns the ball over too much right now to be considered the best point guard in the state. He has a little of Liggins in him in that he makes a good play one possession and then turns the ball over the next possession.

 

I think to be fair to him he was playing in the 11th region for the 1st time after playing in the 16th region. Thats a huge step up facing the athletes and pressed you see in the 11th. I look for him to be very effecient this year. He was great last year, but did turn it over a little too much from time to time.

Many of the guards you mentioned are good players but other than Fucci I have not seen any of them that are better than the Hall kid from Franklin Co. He had good senior players around him in a team concept last season, but started the the year off by putting up 37 pts, 11 rebounds and 8 assists ina head-to-head match up with Chris Harrison against Trinity. (Game type Scrimmage at Anderson Co) Most of the successful pg's at the college level are able to put points on the board in high school.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.