April 22, 200917 yr Coach Cal has offered Irving, who is 6-1, 170 lead guard and plays at St. Patrick HS in New Jersey. Irving had a solid AAU tourney in Pittsburgh over the weekend.
April 22, 200917 yr Looks like a very strong prospect. Rivals has him as the #4 PG and the #27 overall player in the class of 2010.
April 22, 200917 yr 4-star prospect according to Rivals... More than likely will end up a five before its all said and done. Like Knight, all the big dogs are after him as well, and most have already offered. Not as much difference in him and Knight as there is Wall and Bledsoe. Irving is going to be a great player for someone and can play the either or guard position, something Kentucky doesn't have at this moment.
April 22, 200917 yr I believe Cal will go after Joe Jackson or Brandon Knight as his #1 PG target for 2010.
April 23, 200917 yr Does Cal spend anytime at home? That may be why his wife told him he needs to quit soon and he said he only has about 10 years left.
April 23, 200917 yr That may be why his wife told him he needs to quit soon and he said he only has about 10 years left. :laugh: I'll stop coaching right after I die. :ohbrother:
April 23, 200917 yr I'm pretty sure Calipari's wife knows what the deal is and is spending more time decorating the new mansion instead of caring that her husband is doing his job recruiting.
May 1, 200917 yr Author UK assistant Rod Strickland is Irving's godfather. Evan Daniels thinks Irving will end up being second ranked PG behind Knight.
May 1, 200917 yr UK assistant Rod Strickland is Irving's godfather. Evan Daniels thinks Irving will end up being second ranked PG behind Knight. Rumors have also been swirling for a while that Irving is very tight with Mike Gilchrist and they are looking to play together at the next level even though they are a year apart...
May 1, 200917 yr I've never seen UK involved with so many 5-star recruits in my life. The 2010 class is going to be just as exciting as this one. Man, I'm pumped.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.