Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question about Calipari & Kentucky...

Featured Replies

He will have done it mainly with Gillispie's players

 

 

And I will be very happy.:dancingpa

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) he has a passion to lead the mighty empire - it's obvious when you listen to him

2) he embraces UK tradition and history

3) he has the ability to get the best players

4) he has an offense that can win

5) players want to play for this guy

 

Patterson, Meeks, Orton, Miller, Cousins, Wall, Liggins, Galloway, ???

 

We will go from mediocre to final four contender NEXT season if this plays out.

I do find very interesting some of his comments today cautioning fans against expecting too much too soon. I'm guessing a lot of Wildcat fans didn't hear those, but maybe some did.

 

 

I heard it but I think he was just covering himself in case he cannot get the team together he wants, and then starts off with a sub par season. He also said some humbling things like I'm a normal guy, and I can't walk on water. Again just selling himself short intentionally to automatically get some of the pressure off of himself, and he is a good enough speaker to pull it off.

 

Speaking of hearing, I also heard talk such as I will sit dow with each and every player, and discuss where everything stands. He also leaned toward Kentucky fans not holding a grudge or not getting upset if he does tweek the team a bit saying don't be suprised if you see a totally different team on the floor next year.

I heard it but I think he was just covering himself in case he cannot get the team together he wants, and then starts off with a sub par season. He also said some humbling things like I'm a normal guy, and I can't walk on water. Again just selling himself short intentionally to automatically get some of the pressure off of himself, and he is a good enough speaker to pull it off.

 

Speaking of hearing, I also heard talk such as I will sit dow with each and every player, and discuss where everything stands. He also leaned toward Kentucky fans not holding a grudge or not getting upset if he does tweek the team a bit saying don't be suprised if you see a totally different team on the floor next year.

 

Sure, he was covering his backside. But he also had conversations with Tubby, and I can almost guarantee you the question of unreasonable expectations by the UK fans was the No. 1 topic.

He doesn't know what KY has or what recruits are coming so I can understand him playing the Lou Holtz card. He is smart enought to know if those recruits come with Meeks and Patt then he is loaded. I agree that it takes some time for your system to gel. I'm not even going to start predicting the future as far as wins go but I have the same feeling in my gut I had when Pitino was here. It's the same one that I had when I saw Roy W. going to UNC. There is a great chance that KY can be as good as anybody consistantly every year. I guess we could be happy about losing in the NIT if you believe in some Cats/UofL fans standards lol

I think 7 titles out of an 8 year deal is not too much to ask....as long as we're the runner up in the 8th year.....:D

 

 

Seriously, I figure we can get a title out of this and at least become very relevant again in the NCAA.

He will have done it mainly with Gillispie's players

 

Maybe...maybe not.

I believe Calipari will be very successful at UK. I would agree with him to not expect miracles the first year...but in two or three. To win national championships you need a combination of the one and done type + strong leadership from capable veterans. UK last year missed both, not to take anything away from Patterson or Meeks. Calipari and his assistants will get UK there.

I think within the next 5 years the NCAA Tournament will be renamed the UKIT (UK Invitational Tournament). :lol::lol::lol:

 

On a semi-related note I miss the UKIT!

A top ten team next season is not out of the question.

Maybe...maybe not.

 

If he does it with Wall, Henry, Cousins, Meeks, Patterson that will only be 1 Gillispie player in the starting 5.

 

:lol:

Just being back in the national spotlight is good enough with me. Winning will take care of itself.:p:popcorn:

If he does it with Wall, Henry, Cousins, Meeks, Patterson that will only be 1 Gillispie player in the starting 5.

 

:lol:

 

:thumb:

 

If he wins big, he'll bring in some guys that only he could have brought that will be instrumental in our success. John Wall at PG is a must if UK has any dreams of a serious tournament run next year.

  • Author

If Wall comes to Kentucky next season with the core of our players returning, and possibly the addition of either Cousin or Henry, I predict a deep post season run that turns around all things Kentucky and you will see the recruits flock to the Big Blue.

 

I have this strange feeling that Kentucky will contend next season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.