Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question about Calipari & Kentucky...

Featured Replies

Just a hypothetical question...

 

Should everything fall into place and Cal has the right tools next season and Kentucky somehow, some way, wins the National Title...

 

Where will that place him in Kentucky lore? And will this jump start the next seven years (I would assume an extension right after the NC) for possibly more?

 

What do you expect out of his eight years?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 national titles and 8 final fours

 

I don't want to put too many expectations on him.

I think it's not an unrealistic expectation to look for a title and possibly one other Final Four berth during his tenure.

1 Title and 2 Final Fours but we have already set the expectations so high for him it will be nearly impossible for him to "accomplish what we want".

6 national titles and 8 final fours

 

I don't want to put too many expectations on him.

:lol::lol:

He will be succesful next year, but like he said we will know when he gets it right.

Just being the team we once were is okay with me. You know like staying ranked, making it to at least the sweet 16 every year, the things Kentucky basketball does. The past few years have been really tough, but in all honesty I think you can expect a couple of final fours out of Cal, and when you make it that far theres always a chance to win it. Its tough to actually predict a National Championship with as much parody as there is in college basketball these days. Rarely does the team thats favorited to win it all actually pull through and wins it all.

Remove the jersey's in Rupp to make room for banners. Personally, I want season one to be sucessful and set UK up for a run in year two

In the next 8 years I think that he will make at least 3 final fours and 1 national championship. I am not "expecting it" but I think it will be done. I will not be mad if not, but Cal is a great coach and I think that is what's going to happen.

If he gets a title in the next 8 years, and makes 2 final fours, everyone has to be happy with that... I think he'll do better though.

If he gets a title in the next 8 years, and makes 2 final fours, everyone has to be happy with that... I think he'll do better though.

 

 

Would two be to much to expect?:idunno: Honestly though, I agree with you. I just wanna sit back and enjoy the ride, I think it's gonna be fun.:popcorn:

He will be EXTREMELY successful! I think the Final-Four could/should/may be within reach each season. However, I know it is very unrealistic to expect that. I think every season the team will be in the Sweet-16, most seasons in the Elite-8, and a few times in the Final-4! Many things will/can affect that of course: chemistry, injuries, seeding, match-ups, a little luck!

I think he can win at least 1 national championship while he's here. Anything more than that is just gravy.

He will have done it mainly with Gillispie's players

I do find very interesting some of his comments today cautioning fans against expecting too much too soon. I'm guessing a lot of Wildcat fans didn't hear those, but maybe some did.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.