April 1, 200917 yr Author So your saying no one will follow him? Not seeing it.. Nolan Dennis has already been quoted as saying he will follow.
April 1, 200917 yr Nolan Dennis has already been quoted as saying he will follow. Exactly my point.. Nowadays players commit to the coach like it or not... Thats the way it is..:ylsuper:
April 1, 200917 yr One question ... do any UK fans have any qualms about taking players on scholarship, guys that had committed to play for the Wildcats? Or is it all about the talent grab at this point?
April 1, 200917 yr Author Exactly my point.. Nowadays players commit to the coach like it or not... Thats the way it is..:ylsuper: Hopefully, Orton and Ferguson vommitted to the program.
April 1, 200917 yr Hopefully, Orton and Ferguson vommitted to the program. Well thats one of the things I worried about.. Apparently they liked Billy G an awful lot. I think Coach Cal will win them over.. Orton is the only one I'm worried about..
April 1, 200917 yr I could see a scholarship opening up if Hood changes his mind. His father said he was extremely upset over BCG's firing and I could see him going to WKU or UL or some place else. Nothing to base this on, but don't be surprised if this happens either.
April 1, 200917 yr I could see a scholarship opening up if Hood changes his mind. His father said he was extremely upset over BCG's firing and I could see him going to WKU or UL or some place else. Nothing to base this on, but don't be surprised if this happens either.If he asked for a release and UK granted it, I suspect Florida would be a potential destination.
April 1, 200917 yr A few players will either have to leave or walk on, without question. Orton and Hood will be here, IMO. Orton's dad seemed to say that IF Cal wants him he will be here. I think Cousins will be here. I'm the most solid about him coming. I just have a feeling. I don't think he will effect Orton's decision because there will be plenty of minutes to go around, and I don't think Orton SHOULD see himself as a one and done type player. Coming off and injury that cost him this season, or most of it, he will probably need some time to adjust. We have a good shot at Wall. I don't know what all the Duke fuss is about. He was very interested in them before any of this went down. He will have to decide if he wants to try to fight off Nolan Smith and Scheyer for minutes, or come here with a decent shot of getting the majority of the minutes. For a probable one and done type player I like our chances. I think what had kept him from committing to Memphis was Tyreke Evans. He wasn't going to come if Evans stayed. We have no T.Evans at PG. Xavier Henry and Dennis' LOI's are now void if they want them to be, as they have an escape clause for if Cal left for any reason. Henry will be tough to land especially if Meeks stays, as Kansas will be all over him and his brother is already at Memphis. Dennis will be here IF we have room and Cal doesn't tell him to honor his original LOI rather than follow him. If we have room, I would say Cal's thoughts on Dennis' LOI will depend on who is hired at Memphis. Vilarino will probably be strongly urged to follow BCG, IMO, if Wall decides to come here. Overall, based on the recruiting services and experts I see it: Hood- I would almost guarantee it, maybe someone else can clear this up that knows him. Orton- Very good chance Cousins- Very good chance. Wall- I'll give it a 50% chance. Dennis- If we have room he will be here Henry- 20% chance, maybe less. I don't think he will be here, but I can hope.:thumb: Either way......................Go CATS!!!
April 1, 200917 yr Harrellson and Pilgram- gone, along with GJ,Konner,Vinnie,Dakota, the middle schooler from Cali. Only ATHLETES need apply now, not gonna be an Unforgettables 2 in a UK uniform, that's why there is EKU,Morehead and Georgetown,etc. He will have to have some kind of representation from Kentucky or he will get hammered............just like Tubby did. If a kid can play in the SEC from the Commonwealth he BETTER be in a UK uni, or he will get killed by the 18%................
April 1, 200917 yr I could see a scholarship opening up if Hood changes his mind. His father said he was extremely upset over BCG's firing and I could see him going to WKU or UL or some place else. Nothing to base this on, but don't be surprised if this happens either. I'm shocked that Hood's father would be upset about Gillispie getting fired.
April 1, 200917 yr He will have to have some kind of representation from Kentucky or he will get hammered............just like Tubby did. If a kid can play in the SEC from the Commonwealth he BETTER be in a UK uni, or he will get killed by the 18%................ I always felt that Tubby could have survived the Lofton stuff if UK was winning big and the Rondo-Crawford-Bradley troika had panned out as expected. If Callipari starts delivering big-time recruits and Final Four appearances, history shows that fans will overlook a Bluegrass boy or two contributing at somewhere like Tennessee, LSU or Mississippi State.
April 1, 200917 yr Marc Maggard says Hood is still coming to UK and claims to have spoken directly with the Hoods. As far as the other recruits who may or may not come with Calipari..... Maybe some light will get shed on that tomorrow night at the Mickey D's game. ESPN loves a good story and they will probably put them on the spot to at least see if they might be leaning one way or the other. They are kids and are very unpredictable. No speculation from me at all. I hope they all take their time and make the best decision for themselves. Wall is the name I keep seeing get mentioned and out of all of them, he is the only one who hadn't verrballed and was still deep into the recruiting process. To assume he will go to UK now because Calipari is a reach in my opinion. He may not even want to visit UK:idunno: and I doubt he will attend a school he hasn't visited. Plus, I want to see him go to Duke. Good luck and may the best recruiter win.:popcorn:
April 1, 200917 yr I could see a scholarship opening up if Hood changes his mind. His father said he was extremely upset over BCG's firing and I could see him going to WKU or UL or some place else. Nothing to base this on, but don't be surprised if this happens either. Not so fast... From CatsPause. "I'm very excited to have a new coach," said the Madisonville-North Hopkins guard. "I think he's a really good coach from some of the games that I've watched. His teams seem to have a lot of fun and get up and down the floor."
April 1, 200917 yr I hope we keep Orton, Hood, Pilgrim, and Vilarino. I hope we add Wall or Bledsoe because of the obvious PG issues. I don't care if we get Cousins or any other Memphis recruit as long as we get one of the 2 above mentioned Pg's.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.