Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy G To Have His Own News Conference

Featured Replies

Say that with a straight face.

 

If he was in the NCAA, I bet everything I own he wouldn't be fired.

 

Wrong answer.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember it and the situation has absolutly no comparison. Crum had 15 years of program decline before pressure to move on began.

 

That's your opinion. Crum wasn't winning enough games to keep his job. His coaching skills were being questioned. He was even having some off court activities that I could mention. To say there are absolutely no similarities is laughable.

Just wondering what some of your all's favorite quotes were from today.

 

Mine was "I love Mitch."

 

"What do you like about him?"

 

"Uh..."

Say that with a straight face.

 

If he was in the NCAA, I bet everything I own he wouldn't be fired.

 

I think a fair way to look at is this:

 

If Gillispie acted exactly the same way he has and the UK had been more successful then he would still be the coach.

 

If Gillispie would have acted better than he has and still had the same record he would still be the coach.

I think a fair way to look at is this:

 

If Gillispie acted exactly the same way he has and the UK had been more successful then he would still be the coach.

 

If Gillispie would have acted better than he has and still had the same record he would still be the coach.

 

I can agree with this. Heck, we didn't have much better with Tubby but he stayed around a while. Yea I know Tubby made the tournament but he never went anywhere once he got there.

If he's so lucky, I'd hate to be around him when he's not.:scared:

 

6 million dollars and no crazy friends, I think that is lucky. Go BCG, hope you can take an SEC job somewhere.:ylsuper:

I remember it and the situation has absolutly no comparison. Crum had 15 years of program decline before pressure to move on began.

 

Your memory must be a little hazy.

 

I seem to recall that Crum took the Cards to the Sweet 16 in '96 and maybe '97 if I recall. He left the program in 2001 so you are saying from '86 to '01 they were always in decline?

 

The truth is he was shown the door by Jurich because Pitino was available and interested. Had he not been, Crum (Hall of Famer) would have been around a little longer.

Your memory must be a little hazy.

 

I seem to recall that Crum took the Cards to the Sweet 16 in '96 and maybe '97 if I recall. He left the program in 2001 so you are saying from '86 to '01 they were always in decline?

 

The truth is he was shown the door by Jurich because Pitino was available and interested. Had he not been, Crum (Hall of Famer) would have been around a little longer.

 

:thumb:

Does anyone have a link to BCG PC today?

This decision had very little, if anything, to do with the on court performance. Surely you're smart enough to realize that.

 

If that is true....Why was Tubby run out of town? He did everything off the court perfectly? If BCG had the cats in the Sweet 16, everyone would still be defending his arrogance. When he was 5-0 in the SEC and dissing the sideline reporter Edwards, most people were defending his actions.

 

IT IS ABOUT WINS AND LOSSES! PERIOD.

If that is true....Why was Tubby run out of town? He did everything off the court perfectly? If BCG had the cats in the Sweet 16, everyone would still be defending his arrogance. When he was 5-0 in the SEC and dissing the sideline reporter Edwards, most people were defending his actions.

 

IT IS ABOUT WINS AND LOSSES! PERIOD.

 

Exactly. Wasn't Sutton very similar off the court when he was at UK? Except he won. He got into trouble recruiting I know what got him fired but he won while here.

Just wondering what some of your all's favorite quotes were from today.

 

Mine was "I love Mitch."

 

"I am lucky"

6 million dollars and no crazy friends, I think that is lucky. Go BCG, hope you can take an SEC job somewhere.:ylsuper:

 

The 6 million is not in the bank yet.

"I am the luckiest person in the entire world."

Your memory must be a little hazy.

 

I seem to recall that Crum took the Cards to the Sweet 16 in '96 and maybe '97 if I recall. He left the program in 2001 so you are saying from '86 to '01 they were always in decline?

 

The truth is he was shown the door by Jurich because Pitino was available and interested. Had he not been, Crum (Hall of Famer) would have been around a little longer.

From continuous final fours to an occasional sweet sixteen, yes that defines a declining program. I'm afraid your memory is the hazy one. The situations have no comparison.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.