March 28, 200917 yr I disagree. I think the conference showed the unfortunate truth that if he had conducted himself all along the way he did in the news conference, then he would still have a job. I really wanted this to work out and I think the majority of the UK fan base did as well. Why Billy couldn't you be that likable and conciliatory all the time?:confused: I'm not sure about the likeable part, because this was the first press conference I've every watched that had to do with UK. But, in any event, why would he need to be concilliatory all the time? :confused:
March 28, 200917 yr Seriously what do you want from him. The program just showed its hind side in the way it jobbed the man, and now you want to criticize him for not trying to run UK through the mud.. Please explain? He had the worst win % at UK since 1927, from the sounds of it he lost his players, he was a hind end in the media. He got multi millions of dollars for failing. How exactly did they job him? I'm so sick of hearing that without any facts! It's a business, he failed. He got paid has one of the best programs in the world on his resume.... how exactly did they show their hind side by jobbing him? You wouldn't happen to be a UofL fan would you?
March 28, 200917 yr Some posters on here should remember just how Coach Crum was given the boot before passing judgement on the Gillispie situation.
March 28, 200917 yr Not conciliatory all the time, just occasionally. The guy just seemed to have two distinct sides: the great, funny, giving guy who helped that call-in woman, gave money to DanceBlue, etc. and then the jerk who gave interviews, ran injured players into the ground, etc. He just seems to be very Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.
March 28, 200917 yr Please explain? He had the worst win % at UK since 1927, from the sounds of it he lost his players, he was a hind end in the media. He got multi millions of dollars for failing. How exactly did they job him? I'm so sick of hearing that without any facts! It's a business, he failed. He got paid has one of the best programs in the world on his resume.... how exactly did they show their hind side by jobbing him? You wouldn't happen to be a UofL fan would you? Two years was not enough. Did he have the players? No he didn't have a full deck and he certianly didn't fill the roster with his guys. Is NIT failing? Well it isn't the goal but everybody hits tough times. Pitino went to the NIT twice with UofL, yet you still have fans that gush over him. The fact is you all are crazy for expecting perfection in such a short period of time. Basketball is not the same sport it was in the 90's, parity now abounds and no program will always win ever again.
March 28, 200917 yr Two years was not enough. Did he have the players? No he didn't have a full deck and he certianly didn't fill the roster with his guys. Is NIT failing? Well it isn't the goal but everybody hits tough times. Pitino went to the NIT twice with UofL, yet you still have fans that gush over him. The fact is you all are crazy for expecting perfection in such a short period of time. Basketball is not the same sport it was in the 90's, parity now abounds and no program will always win ever again. This decision had very little, if anything, to do with the on court performance. Surely you're smart enough to realize that.
March 28, 200917 yr Some posters on here should remember just how Coach Crum was given the boot before passing judgement on the Gillispie situation.I remember it and the situation has absolutly no comparison. Crum had 15 years of program decline before pressure to move on began.
March 28, 200917 yr This decision had very little, if anything, to do with the on court performance. Surely you're smart enough to realize that. Say that with a straight face. If he was in the NCAA, I bet everything I own he wouldn't be fired.
March 28, 200917 yr Say that with a straight face. If he was in the NCAA, I bet everything I own he wouldn't be fired. I'm with you on that. Take everything off the court they say about him and subtract the media interviews and add in a NCAA birth= BCG is still the coach. Like my old coach says"winning fixes everything".
March 28, 200917 yr Say that with a straight face. If he was in the NCAA, I bet everything I own he wouldn't be fired. And you'd be living on the streets then. The entire team, save one or two guys, HATED the man. Hate probably isn't a strong enough word.... Meeks was gone, Miller was gone, Stewart was gone, Liggins was gone, Harrellson was gone, Patterson was likely gone, etc....
March 28, 200917 yr And you'd be living on the streets then. The entire team, save one or two guys, HATED the man. Hate probably isn't a strong enough word.... Meeks was gone, Miller was gone, Stewart was gone, Liggins was gone, Harrellson was gone, Patterson was likely gone, etc.... No clue here....how many of those were his recruits?
March 28, 200917 yr No clue here....how many of those were his recruits? All but Stewart and Meeks from that list...
March 28, 200917 yr All but Stewart and Meeks from that list... I didn't realize that he had recruited all of them. i thought some were Tubby's recruits.
March 28, 200917 yr I didn't realize that he had recruited all of them. i thought some were Tubby's recruits. I guess you could count Patterson as somewhat Tubby.
March 28, 200917 yr And you'd be living on the streets then. The entire team, save one or two guys, HATED the man. Hate probably isn't a strong enough word.... Meeks was gone, Miller was gone, Stewart was gone, Liggins was gone, Harrellson was gone, Patterson was likely gone, etc.... We heard the same junk when Tubby left. This guy and that guy is gone...in the end, very few actually left. Jasper left a year later. PP still came and Jai Lucas went to Florida and there's still debate on whether he'd have came to UK at all. It's easy to say that after BCG is gone because it can't be proven or disproved. Patterson and Meeks may or may not leave for a shot at the NBA. We've known that is a possibility all season. They still might leave for all we know.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.