Billy Donovan

Alabama Larry

There is all this talk about paying off Billy G to leave. In this economy, do you really think ANYONE, not just a college, can pay someone to leave just because they do not like them, other than pro teams?

Do you have to pay someone off who hasn't even signed a contract. Probably not:taz:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is all this talk about paying off Billy G to leave. In this economy, do you really think ANYONE, not just a college, can pay someone to leave just because they do not like them, other than pro teams?

There are folks at UK that would probably make sure the money was not a factor.

How good has Florida been outside of the 3 final four appearances? He may be able to get more players in b/c he's at UK but he has had some major dissapointments.

True. However, 3 final 4's and 2 national titles in 10 years at a football school is better than Rick or Tubby did at UK. :sssh:

He ran into what Pitino ran into during this final few years at UK. When you have that much talent (as Rick had in '98 and as Billy had during his 2 title run), .. it is hard to get the best kids to keep coming and sit the bench behind them.

True. However, 3 final 4's and 2 national titles in 10 years at a football school is better than Rick or Tubby did at UK. :sssh:

He ran into what Pitino ran into during this final few years at UK. When you have that much talent (as Rick had in '98 and as Billy had during his 2 title run), .. it is hard to get the best kids to keep coming and sit the bench behind them.

I agree and as a fan 2 titles in 10 years would be good enough for me. What would the fan base think of two titles then being left out of the tourney two straight years? I don't think it would go over too well.

UNC seems to find a way to keep getting talent.

Need to keep BCG around. BD has been in the NIT two years in a row after he turned down the job two years ago. If he wanted it, he should have took it then. He wants the job know because he knows that he can get better players here now. BCG proved that you can get the best players. Look at his 2009 and 2010 class. I would hate to lose them guys because a man said a question was dumb.

Some are saying Pitino is advising Donovan not to take the job again.

I think he is choice #1, but have not heard anything like I heard in the last search as to whether or not he would come.

Is Pitino afraid of Donavan at UK?

I think he is choice #1, but have not heard anything like I heard in the last search as to whether or not he would come.

But are you still saying there WILL be change? :confused:

Not to question you, but at what age does Donovan have to be before he can make a decision without Pitino's blessing or advice. After all, Donovan isn't twenty something anymore, he has won more national championships than Rick, I really think he can handle this decision without Ricks input. Surely he can make a decision on his own now. Rick hasn't exactly always made the right decisions everytime anyway.

Not to question you, but at what age does Donovan have to be before he can make a decision without Pitino's blessing or advice. After all, Donovan isn't twenty something anymore, he has won more national championships than Rick, I really think he can handle this decision without Ricks input. Surely he can make a decision on his own now. Rick hasn't exactly always made the right decisions everytime anyway.

I'm guessing here, but he probably is just giving him advice. He's probably just letting him know about the pressure. The question is does he thrive under the pressure? Does he want it?